countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care home Kindle sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(4 star). See all 29 reviews
on May 23, 2017
This book is just what I need to expand my growing list of monsters, even really tough ones.
on February 5, 2013
Great books of creatures for ones campaign that can be easily ported into D&D 3/3.5 edition. Nice layout, and some pretty unique and cool mosnters at your disposal. Very competitive product in relation to Wizards books and if you are not a fan of 4th edition like myself this is a great way to keep things going strong in the previous edition.
on June 24, 2016
Bestiary 5 is the latest bestiary book in the Pathfinder Series. In my opinion this book is as good as the others in many areas but the biggest issue is the complete lack of detail fluff descriptions of many creatures in the book. So as you may know each page of the book is generally dedicated to a single monster. Usually it contains an image of the monster, a stat block outlining the stats and abilities of the creature and finally a detailed description of the creature, origins, details physical description or habits and habitats. For the most part this book does deliver on all these. However my biggest issue is that some creatures they literally only gave 1 sentence descriptions. As a GM I sometimes rely on these descriptions for inspiration. Sometimes they give me plot ideas or interesting ways I could introduce a monster that I had not considered before. I know I can just make stuff up and introduce whatever I want but I pay paizo for this material to help me run a game and am disappointed when the fluff just isn’t there.

Another issue I had was that a lot of the new monsters were just reprinted from their adventure paths, this is not a huge deal breaker either but just another thing I find slightly annoying.

My final issue relates to the playable races. In the monster manuals there is usually a smattering of monster races that can also double as player races with GM permission. Bestiary 4 had some of the most memorable and unique races so far. This one however was extremely weak. Every race seemed to be just a cosmetic adjustment to an existing race. Deep merfolk are just scary merfolk, reptoids are reptile kitsune etc. I do expect more from paizo in this area especially after the really cool races from bestiary 4.

That said this is still a great book. The artwork as usual is perfect. I cannot stress enough how incredible some of these creatures look. The new monsters are unique enough to keep things interesting including new additions to the staples of dragon, golem, demon, devil, demodand and robot to name a few. I do recommend this book especially if you are a GM but if you’re a player just looking for some fun variant races I would point you to bestiary 4.
on February 19, 2016
Bestiary series is probably my favorite series of books from Paizo and again, this one does not disappoint. A bunch of monster I will probably never use, but certainly love to look at.
on October 26, 2014
Good book for knowledge on monsters for encounters and creatures for summons.
Shipping of the book was unacceptable but the book itself was as expected for the Pathfinder series.
on January 5, 2012
I liked the book, I got it today scan through it for 3 hours. Lots good stuff but I think pathfinder should go for less for humanoid creatures and try for more truly alien creatures like beholders. This book has great art nice write ups but little too brief on each creature. Not a must have book, but still a nice edition. My main complaint was most of animals did not have druid or ranger companion write ups like the two other bestiaries which was the main thing I was looking for.
on October 29, 2013
This is an excellent supplement book however it is by no means needed if you don't have it. Consider this a pick up item if you are just merely looking to expand your monster options a bit more.
on October 29, 2013
I received the Item is pretty good condition (Near mint would better suit it up) and was pleased with the fine quality of the product. The only thing that would be less interesting is that I waited almost a month before receiving it instead of the usual ten days. Although it did arrive before the estimate date of the 5 of November so it will be a 4 star from me!