countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

on April 26, 2017
Loved this book, and yum yum yum! My first V book and I loved it!!!
on September 18, 2013
I chose a high rating becasue this book is easy to read, easy to follow, straight forward.
I really like the recipe suggestions.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone thinking of becoming a vegetarian or vegan.
on January 4, 2010
The book is fun yet informative. Purely inspirational. If you're thinking of making the leap to vegan or just exploring what a plant-based diet is, this is the book for you. Beautiful photos and wonderful references with a great online community.
on April 4, 2010
I heard about this book on Oprah and planned to get it from the library. When I saw how many holds there were, I decided to buy it from Amazon. I was not disappointed in the least. The author provides very current information to back up her reasons for choosing a plant based diet. She does not try to use "shock value" but rather,to educate with factual data. I appreciate her honesty when discussing some of the challenges of eliminating animal foods from ones diet. She also breaks down the diet into three categories depending on ones level of commitment. The first half of the book discusses the typical North American diet and why it is so unhealthy and unethical. The second half of the book is full of easy to prepare recipes, so there is something for everyone in this book.
on October 18, 2010
As a 48 year old business manager guy, I was totally skeptical about this book and diet. Sadly, I already was developing health/weight issues and had to take action. I'd tried low-fat, Mediterranean, Atkins, South Beach, etc. etc. diets and none of them produced significant changes in my blood work and overall health.

Then I did something remarkable...I actually bought and read this book. I have to say it changed my life! I'm in excellent health now. I can't thank Alicia and Dr. Neal Barnard enough!

After some Googling I also found out about Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr and a 20-year study in the "American Journal of Cardiology" that backs up virtually everything in Alicia's book.

Today I'm super healthy and feel 20 years younger thanks to "The Kind Diet". The strange part was that the "decision" to try this diet was the hardest part -"living the diet" is really easy and the food is delicious!

Thank you Alicia for saving my life and my health!
on November 17, 2009
This is much more than a cookbook. I feel like I am reading a letter from a good friend and her advice is heart warming without being preachy, which is great. I am not a vegan, but I definately will be trying to eat less meat and try more healthy alternatives from her book. Thanks Alicia.
on January 4, 2010
I love this book! It is non-judgmental, but very informative about eating better and preserving our planet. Good job!
on May 7, 2010
I'm very impressed with the way Alicia lives her life. I am already eating a plant based diet but her book has inspired me to take one step further towards health by reducing the amount of processed and convenience foods that I rely on.
on February 19, 2012
I LOVE this book. It first sets the foundation by explaining all of the wonderful benefits of switching to a Kind (or kinder) diet. It does so in an easy-to-follow-and-understand and laid-back manner while still being highly educational. It explains simple ways to switch to a plant-based diet such as how to stock your kitchen appropriately and gives a lot of great ideas for people who want to "flirt" with vegetarianism or veganism.

The book really focuses on the importance of treating yourself kindly, and not only with the food you put into your body, but offers a few pointers on exercise, taking time to de-stress, and to take good care of yourself all around. The recipes are fantastic, I've tried many of the dessert recipes and a couple of the dinner ones and they've been easy to follow and very delicious. The photos throughout the book are absolutely lovely to look at.

Silverstone's writing is a delight to read, it flows well, is "hip" and fun, and you feel like you're learning from a friend. It's a total feel-good book. Personally, it's led to my making some major lifestyle changes that I feel wonderful about.
on March 16, 2013
This is a simple read that makes becoming a vegan easy.. It's like she's talking to you and makes it easy to understand.. A very inspiring book.can't wait to try the recipes.