Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(3 star). See all 297 reviews
on July 28, 2014
A very informative book about how wheat has evolved and possibly makes us all fat. I guess in order to get through to as many people as possible (or make the book longer) I found the author really explains things out in detail. This makes it a slow read and I think the book could be condensed and still have all the same information. I'm glad I read it and I'll look at wheat in a different way now but most people still believe that whole wheat bread is very healthy and look at me funny when I try to explain that it's not.
on April 1, 2014
The author obviously has a thing against all wheat products, yet according to nutritionist and physiologist friends who have read this book after I did, the author doesn't use a lot of hard scientific research to back up his claims. The recipes he offers for wheatless meals are not bad though so I am giving it 3 stars instead of 2. If you have Coeliac disease this book may be useful to you.
on September 11, 2013
You can read most of this on the internet. It's mostly about stats and history of gluten- yawn. I was hoping it would be more like a "Easy Way to Quit Smoking" where it would be more of a motivator and make me feel like I have nothing to lose and everything to gain! (except weight, of course.)
on January 30, 2014
An interesting approach to losing weight and cleansing the body. Way too restrictive for older people who have never cooked like this before but ideas on wheat and its effects were thought provoking and have changed my views on what I eat in that department.
on February 23, 2016
Good book but apparently every disease known to man is linked to wheat. Starts off real good and then gets evangelical near the end.
on August 17, 2015
Seems to be a bit long on words Could've maybe captured what he wanted to say in a shorter book. But I'm intrigued by his premise.
on February 17, 2017
so-so
on January 8, 2016
Fair read
on May 9, 2013
Seems a little technical for the lay-person, but other professionals probably think he`s a bit long-winded. I agree with a lot of what he says, but not all of it.
on May 16, 2014
I found the book very technical and difficult to read. I also question some of the logic but I am not sure