countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

on June 28, 2013
Excellent book, really opened my eyes to what is now becoming a very obvious cause to a lot of our ailments, I have seen my acid reflux from suffering for 5 years trying all the reliefs, cider vinegar, slice of apple before bed, they all helped but it was not until i stopped eating any wheat that within 3 days of stopping my acid reflux has gone!! I am absolutely stunned, plus I have lost 6 pounds in the last week as a bonus ....
Excellent book and should be better known for broadcasting the damage our genetically modified modern short wheat does to millions of people if you have diabetes or celiac disease or arthuritis this explains why and how to illiminate them..
on February 8, 2012
One of those books that ought to be read by everyone who...eats! In the last 20-30 years, 'healthy foods' have been synonymous with 'whole-grains'...who would question such a 'wholesome' premise?
Well, it turns out that this premise is plain WRONG!
I've been on a wheat-free (almost) diet for barely over a month, and my energy level is higher, my clarity of thought is improved, and have shed a couple of pounds (I'm only marginally over 'ideal' weight).

I'm recommending this book to everyone, especially ones that seem to need a dietary change! One person in particular, has lost 14 lbs. in 28 days and has noted the absence of food cravings which had always baffled him.
on July 26, 2012
I've learned so very much reading this book- "Lose the Wheat, Lose the Belly". As we have tried to implement it's wisdom into our lives we can see a difference when wheat is not in it and when it is. Hubby lost 10 pounds, and I lost 5. The battle continues as we strive to change our food lifestyle.
on October 24, 2011
Reading this book has helped me understand the relationship between eating wheat products and my health. I have been on the program for three weeks, have lost some weight, however, the great thing is that cravings and feeling hungry all the time have left.... great news. Thanks. Therese.
on June 21, 2012
I have long suspected that my refux and gut problems are related to wheat. No one would listen to me. I bought this book on a whim and discovered that the author would have listened to me. This book details the history of wheat, the reasons and consequences of it being genetically modified and what you need to do about it. The book will never be a best seller beacuse it has too much biochemistry information in it. However, I personally enjoyed that part and felt it lent credibility to the author's pemise which is that wheat in its currnet GM form is bad for you. There are lots of anecdotal stories from the author about dramatic improvement his patients have made when they stopped eating wheat. I liked the distinction that is made between wheat and gluten from other grains. If you have health issues such as irritable bowel, a large belly, reflux, arthritis and/ or a myriad of other ailments then get this book and find out why you should at least try to go on a wheat-free diet to determine if you have a sensitivity to it. The author's stance is a personal, professional and compelling one. I do recommend this book.
on September 1, 2012
This book was introduced to us by friends, he had been fighting high blood sugar for years. With in 2 months eliminating grains, his blood sugar was down to normal and didn't have to take any insulin pills. His doctor now has the same book.
For us, Joy was in pain a good portion of a day, and since she has removed most grains (mostly wheat) from her diet, the pains have been less frequent and less severity, along with a 12 lb weight loss.
For me, I have struggled for years to get down to a 195, with failure, jumping up and down in weight from 198 to last winter 208. In the last two months I am now down to a 178 lb, something I have not been in over 30 years.
What is one of the biggest factors, we exchanged wheat for more vegatables, and smaller portions of fruit, along with cheese and nuts.
We have not cut back on meat, fish or poultry one bit, or eggs either. We leave the table feeling full and nearly all our cravings have gone or been reduced substancially . Donuts, before the change, I couldn't get enough of, or with chocolate bars. Haven't had a donut in the last couple of months, and two chocolate bars, high in coco.
This book is a life saver.
on December 18, 2014
Disclaimer: I am an author, however I do not know Dr. Davis personally. This review is based on my own experiences.

I've read most of the popular diet books written over the last 40 years. Some were very good and others led me in the wrong direction, such as the low fat books of the 80's that helped trigger the obesity and diabetes epidemic we see today. Wheat Belly, written in a very easy to understand manner and sprinkled with humour throughout, takes the position that wheat is chiefly responsible for these and other maladies. I had no idea that wheat, modified from what it was 50 years ago, is not completely broken down by the body and that the peptides produced actually cross the blood brain barrier like an opiate drug would, causing addiction and false food cravings. At first I found it difficult to accept. Then I tried it and lost 50 pounds in 6 months, without counting calories, by adopting a Mediterranean style of diet without the wheat. My cravings disappeared and so did the brain fog. Within 2 or 3 weeks my diabetes numbers were vastly improved and are now in the normal range. I found through taking my glucose readings after meals in isolated trials that bread or cereal, whether it is whole grain or not, spikes my blood sugar readings like nothing else, not even a candy bar. It isn't just the gluten, but the wheat itself. Why diabetics are told by their nutritionists to eat more "healthy whole grains" is a mystery to me. It seems to only aggravate the condition. The book cautions about falling for the allure of gluten free products that are just made of junk carbohydrates like potato starch and do just as much damage as wheat. Dr. Davis states that there is no such thing as "healthy whole grains" and based on my own experiences, I believe he is right. The proof is in the pudding. I'm down 50 pounds, off high blood pressure medication and control my diabetes without the use of drugs. Real food minus the wheat and getting some regular exercise form my prescription for good health. My doctor is in total agreement.
This is easily the best book I have ever read on nutrition. It helped me identify and correct a lifelong problem. If you need to lose weight and especially if you have diabetes, I strongly recommend this book and the book that follows it, Wheat Belly Total Health.
on August 4, 2012
This book Wheat Belly was recommended to me by my acupuncturist and I am so glad he told me about it. It has changed how my daughter and myself eat. I appreciate the fact that the book was written by a knowledgeable cardiologist who was willing to really research what wheat is and how it's changed over the years, and also how it affects our health. The author, William Davis explains how wheat acts in our bodies and how it affects our digestion and how our brains process wheat. Every symptom that Dr. Davis writes about in his book, I have experienced. I do not suffer with celiac disease, but I am wheat intolerant. My daughter is feeling soooo much better since following the process of eliminating wheat from her diet. I have told many friends about this book and we have had good discussions about how eliminating wheat from your daily diet can make a world of difference in how you feel.

Both my daughter and myself have lost weight since starting the new wheat-free regimen. I now no longer feel bloated and uncomfortable after a meal. My daughter no longer suffers with stomach pain and bloating after eating.

We are so grateful that Dr. Davis decided to write this book and educate people with the truth about the wheat in our food chain. I did not know before reading the book that "wheat is not really wheat" anymore. Grains have been so altered over the last century that we're no longer eating pure grains, but we are stressing our bodies and digestion with wheat that is so overprocessed and combined with other additives. Our bodies cannot handle it.

I now have solid information about wheat from the book and am finding the wheat-free regimen easy to implement and follow. So many supermarkets have gluten/wheat free sections in their stores that it is easy to shop for wheat substitutes. I love the daily eating plan that Dr. Davis wrote in the back of the book. It gave me some new recipe ideas!

As I said earlier, my daughter has also greatly benefitted from going wheat free. She is happy to be free of annoying symptoms such as stomach pain and bloating and also loves eating all of the wheat free products that we have put into our diet.

Thanks to Amazon.com too for having the book for sale online! I live in Canada and books are expensive to buy here. I was happy to be able to buy the book at a much more reasonable price online...and it was delivered to my home very quickly.
on October 26, 2011
I was fascinated by the science in this book. The evolution of the wheat plant - WHEAT! - in the last fifty years, reads like science fiction but has a ring of truth. I was so impressed that I stopped eating bread that very day. In two weeks, I lost seven pounds. And I stopped craving bread products. I expect that my blood sugar took a healthy dive, too. But that remains to be seen. Meantime, I wonder who will be writing the rebuttal? Monsanto?
on January 8, 2012
I've been researching and reading about the transition from high protein low carb diets to the reverse for over thirty years as a professional medical anthropologist. Davis basically has it right--wheat as we know it now is behind a vast number of problems, and wheat belly is a rapidly spreading disease of industrial monocrop agriculture. But its only part of the BIGGER problem that kind of agricultural system represents, not just for human health but for the entire biosphere. Cutting out the wheat could be a step in turning around the whole runaway train with its cascade of problems, but expect BIG resistance to this idea. BIG seed industry, wedded to BIG pharma is not going to take this lying down. Expect a pushback to describe this as quack science: its definitely not, but you'll hear a lot of nonsense about this hypethesis soon. Keep your eyes on the target: your dinner plate. And keep a copy of this handy: you'll need it.