Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on July 2, 2013
I've used other Lonely Planet books and this one didn't disappoint. We actually forgot it in one place and were fortunate enough to find another at the next stop!
|0Comment|Report abuse
on April 28, 2009
This is one of the worst guidebooks I've ever picked up. I've travelled all over the world (6 continents) over the past 12 years and never been so disappointed with a guidebook. The information was inaccurate and out of date. The guidebook was allegedly published in August 2008, but when I used it Nov 2008-Jan 2009, much of the information was at least two years out of date, so don't buy this guide just because it's recent. (We wondered if the writers even bothered to make a serious effort at updating information for the new edition.) And I'm not sure what Lonely Planet's target market is going forward, but there was very limited information on budget accommodation options. I was shocked and dismayed that the Lonely Planet took the time and space to list a resort on Rai Lay East that costs (literally) thousands of dollars a night, but had left out some reasonable budget and mid-range options! If they have extra space and want to add in uber-luxury places for interest, that's one thing, but list those resorts at the expense of reasonable accommodations is not appropriate in a Lonely Planet guide, IMHO. This guidebook was consistently, constantly disappointing. We primarily relied on an older Rough Guide for information on sights and on-line resources [...] to find accommodations.
10 people found this helpful