countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on May 21, 2004
This is singly THE best supernautral thriller i have ever had the pleasure reading. i decided to read this book after seeing the play in London, West-end. The play had everyone screeming and constantly looking around themselves. The story is the most sping tingling tale i have ever read. It is relatively short but packs a punch! the portrayal of the Woman in Black makes it seem like she is in he room with you. WARNING!! you will prbably get nightmares after reading this book. most people i know have.! a must read
on January 15, 2010
This novel keeps you guessing. Mysterious and just a little bit scarey. It's very short which is ideal for this type of story.
on February 25, 2003
The Woman in Black is quite simply the best ghost story written so far. Short and lacking in the gore that is integral to average ghost stories. This is an impecable tale of a malevolent spirit who will not stop in her revenge on the society that wronged her. The story chills in a manner far more piercing than the cold marsh mists integral to the plot.
on December 10, 2003
"The Woman in Black: A Ghost Play" is an adaptation of the novel by Susan Hill and I do not think it transcends to a script well. I saw a production of this play and visually, it's fantastic; reading it will cause confusion and boredom. The stage directions and lack of information will turn people away from this play. I do not recommend.
on June 11, 2012
After the movie released the trailer sparked my interest in the book that started it all. I thought the book would be scary and dark, but what I got was a book that rambled and wasn't scary to say the least. It was definitely a miss for me, though I would try another of the authors books since some of her others have caught my interest as well.
on November 28, 2002
I'm happy this book is now available again to Amazon readers. It is quite simply, the most readable, simple, yet disturbing story of dread and malevolence. A fright that lasts a man's lifetime, and blights his life in many ways, and on many levels. The prose is wonderful in its simplicity, and I recommend reading it aloud to share.
on October 17, 2013
It was my first novel suspence. Its a little scary. I read this book in the day not a night. Everything in the book to be scared,: lonely place, far, without communication and strange character. At the beginning of the book, you already want to know the end. And there is a question that arises throughout the book.
on February 11, 2003
This is old-fashioned ghost story telling at its best; short, simple and superbly told. Best of all it delivers the goods, a shiver, a jump and a fright that lingers. Those looking for cheap thrills or gore will find this one way too tame, for the rest of you this little novel does not disappoint.
on January 21, 2003
Truly one of the creepiest, spine tingling novels I've read. Beware: this is not a Kingsian book of gore. This story of a malevolent force is subtle and convincing. I was actually shocked that it disturbed me for such a "simple" story. I highly recommend Hill's book for a quick creepy read.
on January 21, 2003