countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Audio Cassette|Change

on April 15, 1998
This book examines the ways that different people communicate love. Broken down into gifts, time, physical touch, words, and unexpected acts, love is communicated and understood differently by different people. The author argues that hurt feelings and emotional distance can be created by not understanding which love language is your child's primary language. This is applicable not only for children, but for understanding relationships with friends, your spouse and your own parents. I learned to recognize when my husband was expressing his love for me in his primary language. Contains guidance on how to determine which is your child's primary love language. Highly recommended.
on February 7, 2014
Understanding and opening a deeper understanding of how to incorporate the five love languages. And opening understanding of how things can be misinterpreted or the message we desire to express to our children and by understanding their major way of receiving that love create a deeper lasting bond accomplishing what parents desired all along.
on July 7, 2001
Overall good book. Repetitive style somewhat difficult to get through in spots. The "love language" concepts and how to apply them make sense and plenty of examples are given; unfortunately, the examples don't always translate well from one "language" to another. I also didn't like the "Anger and Love" chapter: the "Anger Ladder" was as clear as mud and seemed to be simply a pitch for the co-author's book.
on August 5, 1999
Listening to the audio version of this excellent book is a great use of your time while driving to work. The five love languages concepts and how to apply them in raising and loving your children and even improving your marriage are eye-opening and thought-provoking. I believe I will listen to this tape again and again over the years as I raise my young daughter. I highly recommend the audio version for all young, busy families!
on August 16, 2000
After his wonderful book,The Five Love Languages Dr. Chapman wrote this book with children in mind. With this book parents can learn how to express to their children how much they love them in a way that the children will understand. Overall, it is a pretty good book, an easy read, and with some good lessons.
on October 21, 2015
This book I bought for my grandaughter to share with her son who is 14 they are reading it to each other which is helping him open up more to his Mom. Thank you do much 🙌
on September 12, 2014
Very informative it will help build stronger relationships and guide a person how to better communicate with others. A wonderful book to share with all ages
on March 6, 2013
This book helped me gain so much understanding into my children and how they need and want to be loved. I understand their behaviour so much more now.
on January 5, 1999
Excellent book and opens your eyes not only to what you can do for your childeren, but what your parents did/didn't do for you. Very simple ideas and easy to read. A book to go back to many times over the course of your child's life.
on March 1, 2016
Has really helped me draw vloser to my children, and it also helped us learn more about each other