Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 10, 2017
I read this book in one evening because I couldn't put it down, I wanted to soak it all in! Gary Chapman plainly describes the 5 love languages and how we can learn to speak our partner's language, which in turn leads to a much stronger and healthier relationship. Some of the principles are already working for my spouse and I, and he hasn't even read it yet. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to work on their rocky relationship or are seeking to improve on one that's working well!
on April 3, 2018
I have been with the same person for 25 years. Looking back over the relationship it helped explain a lot of things. Why certain events seemed small to one of us but big to the other. Even recently, for myself, a couple times when I have found myself upset over what my wife probably viewed as somewhat small events, I was able to look back at the event and realize why it would have meant a lot more to me then her. And some of her behaviors that I have found confusing make a lot more sense. Strongly recommend this book to anyone having issues or not! You might be working your butt off to please your partner but speaking the wrong love language means you are not putting your time and energy in the right place. Actually will make my life easier!
on February 16, 2018
This was the most amazing book that saved my marriage. My husband and I were on the brink of a complete relationship breakdown. We have been married for 21 years and after reading this book, our relationship is better than when we first met. We both love each other so much and know each other's love language after reading this book. I have bought 6 copies and have given 2 of them to our daughters so they can understand what's needed to make a great relationship. I have the rest of the books on hand in case I have to give them to someone in need. I can't say enough good things about this book. This should be a required reading in all high schools. If everyone knew this information, there would be a lot less unnecessary divorces or unhappy marriages. Thank you Gary Chapman for writing this book.
on October 28, 2017
I listened to this by audio book, and loved it. I started telling my mom about it and she really thought wanted to read it too so I bought her the paper version. Chapman has revised it slightly over the years so that it remains relevant. His years of training and experience can't be ignored. It is a very interesting and potentially life changing book. Excellent gift idea for anyone, or buy it for yourself!
on October 25, 2017
Even my friend that absolutely can't stand relationship or self-help books of any kind and would not spend a cent on them told me to order him a copy after reading another friend's. I would say it has some major value even for the "close minded."
on July 19, 2017
It's an elegantly well written book that explains how to listen and understand what your partner is trying to say, even if sometimes they aren't trying to say it. It also helps you understand your own needs and how to express them to your mate.
on January 4, 2018
I'm not a very emotional or empathetic person. This book did teach me a lot about people, my partner, and love languages in general. I genuinely feel like it's made me a better person. It was a fun, quick, and easy read. Lot's to take away and relate to. I will likely read this again in the future and recommend to my friends.
on May 6, 2017
Very enjoyable book. Learned a little about myself. Helpful tips for couples. I don't believe this is a cure all book, but it does offer helpful advice and explanations for couples to understand each other better, and therefore show love to one another better.
on November 9, 2017
This book is amazing and introduces the reader to different way of expressing our love to people around us. It explains the different approaches and how people receive your love differently. It is well written and highly recommended to anyone with kids, whose married, or deals with people. So pretty much everyone.
on June 20, 2017
I really wish I had read this book a year and a half ago. My (former) counselor suggested this easy read - and it really is life changing. I'm halfway through and there were times that it hit home really hard. A friend and I got this one (for me) and 5 Love Languages - Updated: The Secret to Love that Lasts) and we're going to compare notes to see if there's a difference and our own thoughts. Definitely looking forward to finishing it and discussing it with her!