countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on May 5, 2009
Having trained (degree) as a nurse in the UK it was not as straightforward as persumed when having to sit the Canadian CRNE exam purely because their training is completely different to that of the UK's. The CRNE exam revision book is good but only a book full of practice question.

Mosby's Comprehensive Review for the Canadian RN Exam has a chapter on each category that is covered in the exam which explains the thinking, purpose, rationale and information behind each one, there are then a set of approx 30 practice question at the end of each chapter specifically on that subject (answers included).

At the end of the book is a set of really useful appendices covering the competencies, medical terminology, laboratory & diagnostic tests & values, mathematical formulas. Also the book has two practice exams and a short answer exam for you to do each having the answers supplied

The CD also goes through the competencies and has another two practice exams and a couple of short practice questions.

Well worth it if you did not do your nurse training in Canada.
on June 25, 2017
Thank u so much i'm really satisfied with the book i purchased
on May 31, 2017
I passed so it must work :)
on March 13, 2017
Its very Satisfactory. I love it. Thank you.
on May 20, 2009
This is a pretty thorough book and gives a lot of detail considering the vast amount of knowledge you must draw from to write the exam. My only wish is that Amazon would clarify that 'Super Saver Shipping' generally means 'Super Long Waiting' as this item took forever to get here and I found myself cramming at the last minute.
on October 16, 2012
I was educated outside Canada. I picked up this book as my sole study guide for my CRNE in Last June, too bad, there are some printing errors! I spotted about 3 or 4 mistakes, but if you know nursing well and long, you will be able to spot the errors easily. For example,the first pair of the infant teeth errupt from center lower, not upper, etc. overall , The book is awesome for review your nursing fundamental knowledge. It is meant for the exam, unlike the thicker second edition which meant for the nursing students during their academic use. We all love this thin 1 st edition as it briefly highlights the important topics in our nursing exam.some of the questions and answers are not upto date. But it is ok. The CrNE questions won't be like that. Use it as a good reading material and reference is the best. You may look for some used one, it does not matter. I don't mind the used books, as long as the questions are not dirty, I can use the old books, it will save me a lot of $ and I don't have to worry for the resale value.
on September 29, 2013
Absolutely love this book! great practice questions and the chapters contain a little bit of everything on a given topic. I feel this will prepare me well to write the RN exam next spring :)
on January 16, 2013
I used this book for a month straight before the exam. It gives you information on such a wide range of nursing areas. It has questions after each chapter and then more at the back of the book. It also provides a bit of history and information on layout about the CRNE exam within the first chapter of the book. The test questions gets you ready for exactly how the questions on the CRNE exam are set up. Even after passing the exam, I've used this book for reference in practice.
on August 31, 2010
The item is great for Canadian RN exam. I am an American educated nurse who moved to Canada and this book is very comprehensive regarding the Canadian RN materials.
on May 2, 2009
This is a great tool for the people who are preparing for the CRNE exam. It's a comprehensive material very useful.