Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Deathwish Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on April 8, 2018
Get to the point! There seems to be a lot of "hype" and rhetoric in this book (at least this version). The first 20 pages were like "want to know a great secret?", "this secret will change your life", "this is an amazing secret!". Which comes across as those scam infomercials that try to sell you junk. I just googled the main points of the book and got a good summary online. Ironically, the way this book was written seems to advertise rhetoric and redundancy which are two things a smart person shouldn't practice.
5 people found this helpful
on September 3, 2016
"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." Many times I've heard this phrase from Napoleon Hill. Finally, I came around to read his famous book. It collected digital dust on my hard drive for way too long. As it turns out, this has been a mistake.

"Think and Grow Rich" is a masterpiece for a good reason.

The book teaches how achievement occurs. You find all the principles and formulas necessary to reach your goals. It doesn't matter if it's money you're after (as the title suggests) or something else.

Prepare yourself though to do some work to make Hill's ideas part of your action plan. It will be time well spent.
3 people found this helpful
on November 21, 2016
I didn't expect much from this. After all, it was written a long time ago. And I've about as many days of "self improvement" stuff as can be crammed into my 50 years of adulthood. But the way the human beings function hasn't changed much if at all. A friend said what he learned worked well for him so I bought it. I knew pretty much everything in it in bits and pieces, but as significant discipline it came as something new. My focus on what I need to do to get what I want in life has increased dramatically. Results are already coming in. Try it. The best bang to fit buck in the self improvement field.
3 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2017
One of the first personal development books I've read and still one of the best. This book was written a long time ago so at times the examples are a bit out dated but the message still sinks in and napoleon hill is one of the true positive thinking masterminds and teaches. Definitely worth reading and will positively change your perspective on life.
2 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2017
I am very disappointed at the very outset regarding its presentation viz-a-viz the original version. If someone is really interested in deriving maximum benefit out of this excellent book then read the original edition. By revising this book for the 21st century readers, the very essence of reading this book has been spoiled. I have the original version and today I brought this revised edition from the library, and I am disillusioned.
2 people found this helpful
on October 3, 2017
This is an amazing book for people who want to use the power of their mind to better their lives I personally have used this in my life and it works if you've ever watched the movie or read the book The Secret this is the prequel to it this will explain everything you need to know on how to use the secret and make it work for you absolutely hands down one of the best books you could possibly read if you understand how to use the power of your mind
on April 26, 2016
Good read to have, it did open my eyes a little to who I am and what can be improved about myself. I really enjoy the chapters with the questionnaires, the last chapter of the book "The Six Ghost of Fear" I found very well put together to evaluate ones self. Chapter 2 "Desire" I like a lot which is about goal setting and the "desire" to reach that goal.
on November 5, 2017
It's a workbook, some pages are dry to read, but mostly good.
I believe it has to be read multiple times, just as the Autor suggests.
on April 24, 2013
This book has weird format. Every lines has about 20 words and all pages has no paragraph. Also a lot of words are not well formed like "al1" instead of "all". I do not understand. Maybe it's the book that has been not well published and others format of this book is better but it's really a pain to read. The content of the book is normal. I have read a lot of book on this type of subject and this one is a not amazing, simply normal. I put a rating of 2/5 mostly because of the book format which is really problematic.
on June 5, 2010
This is a great book. I have the beautiful leather bound book original.
This is an old book but convey the same message. I find the book is too wordy and the reference is mainly for American audience so for some of us who are not american, do not relate to the american's president. However, Napoleon is trying to share the success by 500 men who were not born with silver spoons but the will and determination.

If I have to choose between this book and the book by David Schwartz "The Magic of Thinking Big", I believe you get the point across faster by reading David's book than Napoleon.

Comment: Great book but Too wordy and because it is an old book, take it with a grain of salt as we are living in technology / fast life style....