Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

on July 3, 2016
I remember renting this on VHS and my dad watching it while I was doing my paper round one afternoon and stopping in at home as I had some deliveries close to my street to ask him how it was. It was about half way in and he said it was just okay. He wasn't overly impressed with it (being a huge sci-fi fan but not much of a horror fan) which disappointed me but when I came to watch it myself I loved it and still love it to this day (20 years later).

This is a welcome addition to my growing Blu-ray collection and seeing the film in HD for the first time is a treat! Event Horizon still holds the same thrill for me after all these years and is one of Paul Anderson's best.

The production design is incredible with a kind of grubby feel to the ships. Like they have been lived in. This isn't the shiny clinical feel of the Federation ships. When the horror elements are introduced things get gruesome with a bloody Hellraiser-in-space type feel (Hellraiser: Bloodline - a third of which is set in space was released the previous year to this) along with some mystery elements.

Unlike the aforementioned horror franchise though, EH doesn't rely on monsters but instead the fractured human pysche to bring the horror.

Overall EH brings together different elements (some great humour on offer here too) to create something entirely its own.
on April 27, 2016
What more can I say except this movie is one of favourites which I had to add to my collection. The action I found was fast-paced and the special affects simply mind blowing. I have to add Laurence Fishburne is one of my favourite actors.
on March 20, 2018
A classic in the science fiction horror genre.
Still relevant after over twenty years.
I wish they would make a director’s cut!
on May 10, 2017
Good scary sci-fi, Lawrence at his best. Not for the faint of heart, twisted and graphic. A young Lawrence is fun to watch.
on January 30, 2015
There is nothing like a sci-fi horror/ supernatural with a twist uncertainty. It asks the question whether ambition should trump ethics and at what cost
on December 15, 2016
Très bon service et un film que je recommande.
on March 8, 2016
love this movie. The dvd was awesome, two in all. Both in french and english.
on November 7, 2012
I saw this in Theatre instead of CopLand. A decision that kept me up that night :s
Great sci-fi and storyline. Still makes films like Prometheus seem to be a little short.
This is not a feel good movie but rather an encounter with the devil!
on November 10, 2016
awesome horror film
on May 18, 2016
SciFi meet Horror! Great movie!