Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Showing 1-10 of 352 reviews(5 star). See all 410 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 4, 2017
I'm going to focus on the actual sound quality of the record as opposed to my opinion of the music, I mean it's Floyd, if you don't love them you might be a little dead inside. This album sounds absolutely fantastic! I've listened to wish you were here on pretty much every format imaginable, from 5.1 DSD files from MFSL to low bitrate mp3's to CD's and I think I can safely that this vinyl version is the best they've ever sounded to my ears. Shine on you Crazy diamonds has never sounded this full and rich in my opinion! If you have a halfway decent turntable then you owe it to yourself to pick up this album.
6 people found this helpful
on June 13, 2017
May be one of their best next to Animals, Meddle, and Ummagumma. Even many may like Dark Side of the Moon. Its not necessarily their best in my opinion. This was even better and Animals even better than this. This and Animals are even more thematic and progressive as it move from one track to the next.
on April 16, 2017
This is a fantastic package for audiophiles. As far as I am concerned this is the definitive version of this album. It is stunningly good.

The extra crap has no value for me. Sadly, there is no standalone purchase for the music. Without question the most expensive marbles and coasters ever created.
on November 11, 2016
This first part is more a public service announcement than a review. As someone already mentioned, the 2016 LP NORTH AMERICAN reissue of Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were' is a repress of the 2011 reissue (mastered by Doug Sax and The Mastering Lab), which sounds amazing but is inconsistent with the rest of 2016 campaign, all of which (except for 'The Division Bell') has been mastered by Bernie Grundman. If you are looking for the actual 2016 Bernie Grundman master to keep consistency with you existing collection, may I suggest ordering 'Wish You Were Here' from Amazon.co.uk.

All that being said, and my actually review!!! Well I purchased both 2016 North American and EU releases of 'Wish You Were Here" and both sound amazing! As far as sound goes, on my system the North American release has more bottom end and overall warmth while the EU release has more clarity and shimmer to the instruments and vocals, which is one of the consistencies that has been associated with these releases. Regardless of the continent, to which this reissue comes from you won't be disappointed either way.
on February 26, 2018
They honed their craft on Dark Side of the Moon. This is an even better production. The songs may not be as strong, but that's really subjective. I love it for what it is. A fantastic recording of ethereal songs from Pink Floyd on vinyl. This sounds fantastic.
on May 16, 2018
Classic Pink Floyd! Some of the tracks lack a certain fidelity -- showing the limitations common to studios of the era.

Fortunately the title track (and one or two others) feature excellent fidelity, high dynamic range, and an expansive "sound stage".
on March 8, 2017
To start off, I love records. I was a little scared ordering this because I heard a bunch of horror stories about how people order records and they come in broken, but this is the second record I ordered from amazon in perfect condition with one day shipping. I totally recommend buying it if you have a record player and like pink floyd
on August 23, 2014
I did not get into Pink Floyd until later in life. Tastefully done in 5.1 surround and a pleasure to listen to. Can't say if this is the best release of the SACD, but I am pleased with this release. Wish one could buy this a digital download instead so one could store on a HD and play it as one likes and add songs to a playlist. The digital download as a High Resolution audio file, not a lossy compressed file.
on September 9, 2017
I had gone through 2 other copies before I received a quite copy. A great pink Floyd album. This and Dark side of the room are a most.
on April 19, 2018
Fantastic reissue of an old favourite.
If you like Pink Floyd, you'll like the record better. This one's dynamite.