Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Love_Simon sports Tools

on September 1, 2016
There is nothing quite as enthralling as the Sound of Music. I was excited to receive this DVD so that I could share my favourite musical with my daughters. Though its been more than 40 years since the movie version hit the big screen, the magic of the story, and the sweeping songs have not lost their charm. This dvd allows you to join in the shenanigans of the Von Trapp children who aren't immediately fond of their new governess, Maria. Especially Liesl who feels she'd too old to need a governess. Maria quickly earns their trust, and adoration and brings the gift of music back into their home. As she does she attracts the attention of Captain Von Trapp and she has to make a decision between true love and being a nun. The adventures of Maria and the Von Trapp family are set to a marvelous soundtrack by Richard and Hammerstein featuring the ever popular My Favourite Things, Edelweiss and the Lonely Goatherd.

The Sound of Music is more than just a love story. Its a story of hope, of standing up for what you believe in, and finding that special place where you belong in the world. I really could go on about The Sound of Music forever, but you really should just watch yourself.
on August 23, 2017
Overall,I'm very happy with it. Very pleased with the product. Received product in timely fashion. Product is just as described in details. Works great, showed up on time. All around good experience with product and seller. I couldn't find another product that with a better quality. Also, I like its price, cheap. quality and efficiency are very good appearance.
on May 8, 2014
I opened that big box and could see only bonus materials scattered all over the living room floor... and that wasn't even counting the ones included on the discs... what a great way to celebrate the anniversary with such a great edition.

The film itself is quite amazing. I doubted I'd like it. I rarely enjoy musicals, but this one gave me a sincere run for my money. Not only was the film entertaining, it was beautifully shot, acted and directed. The late great Robert Wise (who later directed Star Trek the motion picture) produced wonderful images and the choreographies have such a feel of optimism...

As said before, the special features are plentiful so you may want to watch them all in more than one sitting (unless you'e got all the time). Informative, entertaining, fun and more, the bonus features are the closest thing you can ever hope to get from being on the set.
on May 24, 2013
What can I say that hasn't already been said about this movie, so all I will say is this: If you have never seen "Sound Of Music" now is the time. You will be blessed when you see and hear all the music and singing and being the fact that it was during WWII the story is very interesting and at times it will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I can claim that I saw the stage performance twice and I saw the movie 21 times in the theatre and I don't know how many times on either VHS or DVD. It is my favorite movie of all time.
on March 5, 2018
My all time favorite movie. I know every song. I bought this version because at Christmas time they put this movie on and the commercials cut off al lot of the music and film.
on April 3, 2013
This is an absolutely AMAZING boxed set! It comes with the Blue Ray as well as the regular DVD, which is perfect for having one for the home and one for the car (which doesn't play Blue Ray), a Special Feature disc, and the complete soundtrack.
Also included is an incredible hard cover book with the history of the Von Trapp family, and how their story made it to the theatre and eventually film, as well as the process of casting and getting it made... The photographs are incredible!
There are also keepsake postcards from Salzburg, a smaller paperback book with The Sound of Music story (including photos from the film), so I can read the story to my children any time too! Last, but certainly not least, there is also included an adorable music box that says "My Favorite Things" on the top. This of course plays the song "My Favorite Things" and is lined and made from what feels like a heavy ceramic material. It doesn't hold much, but it's quite a nice little jewelry box! Top all this off with a certificate of authenticity, and I feel like I'm owning a great piece of history.
VERY pleased with this purchase, and my 6 year old daughter absolutely LOVED it!
on January 23, 2017
Excellent Edition about The Sound Of Music. I think it was one very entertaining musical filmed in The Alps. The acting was awesome. I liked everything about this movie. A great collection. To be highly recommended.
on February 23, 2016
Enjoyed watching this again especially in the blu-ray format. You do notice a difference. For those who have the bigger screen TVs, it will put you back into feeling like you are in a theatre. Enjoyed the movie, the vivid colour and watching some of the extra that where interesting. Most readers know the movie, so my comments will pertain to the for-mentioned comments. If you own a blu ray player, enjoyed this movie when you saw it the first time then you will enjoy it again! Well worth the purchase!
on December 30, 2015
Best movie !
A must ! ... for the family during X-Mas time
It's a feel good movie that will stand forever
The choice for a box set or a simple DVD is only a matter of how much you can afford
I not sure it would be wise to buy this if you have a tight budget. The extras are not extraordinary
.. but my children's love the little musical box.
Quick delivery and good packaging
on January 11, 2013
This is the first time I can ever watch the entire movie with no commercial breaks. The movie of course is excellent; the bluray movie, the booklet, the musical box (broken though) and all those special features including the soundtrack CD well deserve $100 for the package, and I have only paid $19.95 for the entire thing. What else can I rate? 5 stars of course.