countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 22, 2017
This attachment works ,but don't expect to be as fast as a standard manual stuffer. I have done this stuff a lot in my life, the food grinder funnel is too long due to safety reasons, which is good, but it has an unwanted effect on stuffing, the ``proppeler`` does not have enough power to push the grinded meat It took almost an hour for 4 kg of meat.Considering the fact that it doesn't take too much room in the kitchen, using the same Kitchenaid mixer , I'm not complaining too much. However, if you have a lot of saussages to do , you migh find another way . Use low speed 1-3 and be patient.The grinder is good.
on November 29, 2012
The sausage stuffer really impressed me, for this price you can't go wrong. I used it the second I got it and can't complain.
There are really mixed reviews about this product all over but it does what it should do. Believe me, I read all of them and I'm glad about the purchase. A bonus on this is, since the Kitchen Aid has speed variations it's easier to control the flow of the meat comparing to a regular meat grinder. Go for it, buy it, you wont regret it!!!
on January 2, 2015
This worked quite well when first getting into sausage making. For the price and beginner, this is perfect. I recently upgraded to a vertical sausage stuffer and it stuffs sausage in about a minute, where as I found it takes about 10 minutes or so to fill a casing. Works exactly as it should. Just time consuming and a bit difficult to do alone. Definitely a 2 person job.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 14, 2016
It works great but the plastic is a little thin and you have to be careful when using/storing it so that you don't crack and break it. We broke one of ours in storage because something was put on top of it that was a bit heavy and it cracked. So it's a good buy but you have to be careful
on May 27, 2016
The spacer that comes with the tubes renders the whole assembly inoperable. It is far too big, allowing for only about 3 millimeters of space around it's perimeter for the mixture to pass by which then needs to be pushed into the centre of the tube. The slope of the funnel at the base of the tube is too steep. Those two factors create too much resistance for the mixture to pass easily..
On my first use, I spent 3 hours stuffing 5lb of meat. Second time I did not insert the spacer and stuffed 10lb of meat in 45 minutes. The trouble with not using the spacer is that some meat is being pushed into the treads of the ring holding it all together through the 2 notches that the grinding plate (and the spacer) is placed in.
on December 9, 2014
PROBLEM SOLVED! So we all agree that the plunger is a design flaw. It is to narrow to force the meat down. The meat squishes up the side making it impossible for the worm to properly push the meat thru. After 12 lbs of frustration, I was looking around for a solution and noticed an empty pill container and a light bulb went off! I took the lid off, took the plastic seal out and what do you know, the thing fit perfectly on the end of the plunger! After that I was done in no time! Now it wont go all the way down as it looks like the opening is slightly tapered. Another flaw tho is that when the meat goes into the tube, it goes in 2 places. so there is like a traffic jam at the start of the nozzle. Maybe a disc with large holes would work better and make it smoother. Having said that, for a home chef who wants to do a few pounds for fun when meat is on sale , this thing is wonderful
on December 5, 2016
I know they say you get what you pay for, not in this case. These tubes are made of very thin, very flimsy plastic. I should have spent the extra money and got the stainless-steel ones. They might be ok to use to stuff enough for a meal at a time, but, I can see these spliting the first time they get a little heavier use. I would never recommend this product.
on June 19, 2015
If you like to make your own sausages and own a Kitchen-Aid, then go for it. Just keep in mind that the sausage tubing costs A LOT of money. So for health conscious people, it is a great tool to have. If you only focus on reducing the spendings, go to the grocery store and buy industrial ones.
on July 7, 2017
Bought this only to find out that there's one included with the Grinder Attachment. So I didn't need it but it was too late to return to amazon. Now I have two...
on December 19, 2016
This worked so great! This was the first time we had ever attempted sausage making and this attachment made it a breeze! Made about 40lbs of sausage, it took quite awhile but it was worth it!