countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 22, 2016
Adequate and satisfactory. Item as described.
on July 27, 2015
Great!
on May 21, 2015
Cat Stevens record, very enjoyable. Has a beautiful voice.
on January 10, 2015
This is a great collection of music from Cat Stevens and in my opinion is only eclipsed by Tea For The Tillerman. He was really on his game when these two albums were recorded and it's great to hear these songs on the original albums in their original order. The production of this disc is very good and true to the vinyl as I recall. Of course I enjoy the hits included here but I particularly like "I Listen To The Wind and Bitterblue" I see he's recording again and I plan on picking up his latest offering, a great artist is a great artist even with years in between.
on November 28, 2011
Do not get sucked in like I did, I thought that I was buying a "Teaser and the Fire Cat" Lp from the "Mobile Fidelity" label as advertised and that's not what I received from Fun Records! The old adage apply s if it sounds too good it probably not true!
on November 26, 2007
Many music lovers born before 1970 grew up with these beautiful melodies and vocals playing on the car radio, in the kitchen, at lots of parties and during romantic moments with their boy or girlfriends. A great mix of lyrics and music, some low and gentle and others that rock! Work with this much depth puts the current offering of violent, obscenity-laden 'trash it all' rap rhymes to shame!
on December 27, 2003
I can still remember laying in bed almost all day long with my girlfriend Gayle, in the upstairs room in Chico, CA, listening to Cat Stevens play over and over on our old phonograph. Do you remember those days, being young and in love, laying in darkened bedrooms while the sun shone so brightly and hopefully outside?
Later I remember standing on a beach near Marbella, Spain on the Costa del Sol. I was 19, hitchhiking alone through Western Europe. I was so lonely one night, I walked to the beach. I stood by the tide pools singing "Moonshadow" while I watched the moon slowly rise over the beautiful Mediterranean Sea.
Thank you, Cat, for some wonderful moments. And I finally found my hard-headed women. I hope you found yours.
on November 11, 2003
Quintessential 70s music. If that's what you like, then this is the album for you. Unfortunately, it's NOT what I like. Thus my two star rating. Of the 10 tracks on the CD, I rate two of them as Good, four as OK, and the remaining four as Bad (I use Media Player's five star rating system where two stars (not three stars) rates as OK). My specific track ratings are:
1. The Wind -- 1 Star
8. Bitterblue -- 1 Star
9. Moonshadow -- 3 Stars
10. Peace Train -- 2 Stars
on October 15, 2003
Cat Stevens was one of the most popular singer and songwriters of 1970's. Almost every album he relesed between 1970 and 1975 went to the top of charts and even had a string of #1 songs including "Peace Train" which is included on this album. I love "Teaser and The Firecat" it is one of my favorites albums from this very talented and gifted performer who retired way too early from the music industry and converted himself into a buddist who I believe now lives somwhere in the Middle East. "If I Laugh" and "Bitterblue" are two of my favorite songs on this album and "Changes" is very good also. This is was a landmark album in Cat Stevens brief but successful career, come to think of it I think is one of his best albums ever next to another great one called "Tea For The Tillerman" I love the covers on both these albums. I don't know about "Tea For The Tillerman" but I do know that he thought of the concept and actually drew the cover for "Teaser and The Firecat". A man of many talents he was not only a fine musician but a very good artist as well. This album is FANTASTIC and I'm glad I found it on CD.
on August 3, 2003
One of many very good, artistic albums, Teaser & The Firecat is the Cat Stevens most relate to.