countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture Kindle sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 15, 2017
bien recu cette article
on May 12, 2017
Beautiful, relaxing music. Enya has a wonderful, soothing voice.
on July 18, 2017
soft nice songs, I was more looking for the instrument only
on December 18, 2000
Another year, another Enya cd. The one shortcoming of Enya's music is that it seldom changes. Listening to all five Enya cds drives this point home. She has an amazing voice but she isn't Peter Gabriel with her music. There are slight differences from cd to cd, but Enya mainly sticks to her formula for New Age pop. "A Day Without Rain" starts with the title song, just like 1995's "Memory of Trees", 1991's "Sheperd Moons", 1988's "Watermark" and 1986's "The Celts" started their title songs, an instrumental that does not add or subtract from the entire disc. "Wild Child" sounds similar to "Orinoco Flow", "Caribbean Blue" or "Anywhere Is" while "Only Time" sounds similar to "Wild Child". Another instrumental "Tempus Vernum" sounds like 1988's "Cursum Perficio" and is so short it could have been left off the cd. "A Day Without Rain" closes with "Pilgrim", "One By One" and "Lazy Days" which all sound great, but hasn't Enya done these songs before? I have been a fan of Enya since 1989, but with her last two cds I began to feel slightly cheated. Does Enya think her fans would abandon her if she changed with each new release? I wouldn't. She's got a great voice and makes some great songs, but her cds, as a whole, are beginning to be like eating my favorite food every day. If you are a fan, you will probably buy this, but if you are just getting into Enya, buy "Sheperd Moons" or "Watermark" or even her best of compilation. I am now waiting for Enya to surprise me with her music--what has she got to lose?
on February 22, 2004
When Enya became a singer on her own, it was a great idea. I'm not saying Clannad has bad music (I love their music), but they do well on their own and Enya has such great music, all of her albums are worth adding to your collection.
At first when I heard Enya, it was always in the car - my dad plaid it. I always thought Enya was a band or something - I didn't even know the name that well. Then I was given this CD for my birthday, and I loved it. I then started listening to all of Enya's music more and more.
Though this CD is only about a half hour long, it's worth it to buy it. The songs are all great.
1. A Day Without Rain; Is instrumental. But it's very pretty.
2. Wild Child; "Ever take the time, ever stop and listen, ever feel alive, and you've nothing missing. You don't need a reason, let the day go on and on".
3. Only Time; Who can tell, only time. This is a great song.
4. Tempus Vernum; I'm not sure what language this is in, but it sounds very neat and dark.
5. Deora Ar Mo Chroi; is in Spanish, and is beautiful.
6. Flora's Secret; is a song about love, and one of the best on the track.
7. Fallen Embers; is a pretty, slow, song.

8. Silver Inches; is instrumental, but the way it 'bounces' makes it such a fun song to listen to again and again.

9. Pilgrim; is a pretty song, but it is slow and can seem boring.

10. One By One; is another song about love, and is a pretty and fun song.

11. Lazy Days; doesn't everybody want to go back to their lazy days? This sun is so fun, it's great.
on July 17, 2001
Maybe I just haven't been sharing this CD with the right guys. In any case, every woman I know (my immediate friends) loved this one - every guy, on the other hand, did not. And these aren't guys who are into hard rock or rap or punk music. They like classical music and even easy listening type music (although I DON'T classify Enya as easy-listening or Muzak). This CD has become ooe of my favorites- lush, romantic and even ethereal at times. It speaks to me. A few years back, I thought that Enya might eventually become repetitive or boring but I think hur music has grown deeper and more complex with time. Others, however, feel quite differently so be forewarned. If you're a guy, drop me a line and let me know your take on all this. I hope I"m wrong about the male/female split when it comes to Enya.
on July 17, 2001
on October 10, 2001
Enya first gained attention with her exotic 1988 radio phenomenon, "Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)." After that song faded into the distance, she didn't equal her stunning radio success until more than 10 years later with "Only Time." That song is but one of innumerable reasons to run and purchase this delightful album! "Wild Child" will transcend you into your own private world of pleasure and freedom, while "One by One" will ground you again and make you mourn a lost love affair. Enya's Latin and Gaelic vocals, on two songs respectively, will provide musical variety and sweetly envelop your ears. Finally, you will want to discover "Flora's Secret" and melt away in a plush reclining chair while absorbing the gentle sounds. I haven't figured out Enya's secret to creating such beautiful music, but it's working magic as if it were 1988 all over again.
on December 2, 2000
Like most other reviewers here, I too feel that while this is a great CD, it's rather short. I had just about given up on wondering when a new Enya album would come out, and when I saw this one, i jumped to preorder it! The album is good as far as it goes though. While Wild Child, Adios Goodbye and the instrumental track 07 are great, the album is far too short, considering we've been waiting 5 years since Memory of Trees.
While her Watermark album will continue to remain my favorite, this new album will be a welcome addition to the shelves of any Enya fan, though I certainly hope with the short playing-time (just over 30 minutes!), we won't have to wait another 5 years for her next album. This album would have indeed received 5 stars had it not been for its brevity.
on May 1, 2001
Enya is one of the greatest Divas of modern time. Her and Alla Pugacheva of Russia.
Enya is superb and her voice is beautiful. For those of you who are hearing her for the first time with this release, I highly reccomend buying her other albums.
This is an Excellent release of hers and I hope that she will continue to release more albums in the future.