countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 1, 2015
Agatha Christie has nothing on this lady's character. Angela Lansbury is my favorite american actress of all time. From Bedknobs and Broomsticks & Gaslight to all the shows and movies she has done in over 50 years - always, always the Best Actress in any ensemble. I am still trying to find more of her work. Beautiful Ladies like Angela Lansbury don't come along everyday! Her and Dame Judi Dench - I wish I was related to them just so I could spend a lifetime having afternoon tea and talks, listening to the stories I bet they could tell.
on January 13, 2016
To be fair, I bought these as a gag gift for a friend's 40th birthday. But as that, it worked great. Everybody who saw it questioned why someone under 100 would have this and got a good laugh out of it.
on March 6, 2014
This arrived promptly in the mail and was given as a birthday gift to my brother. He loved it and I will be back to purchase further seasons of the series "Murder, She Wrote". I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking to purchase such a classic series at a reasonable price. Hours of enjoyment in one small package.
on May 6, 2005
I have always enjoyed "Murder She Wrote" and I extremly happy to own it on DVD. THe quality of the picture, could be better, but keeping in mind the shows age, it looks fine. The outside case is really neat, but the DVDs did not contain ANY special feature ( interviews, commentarys etc). I think the average consumer would have liked to see this on the disc. Universal should invest more money into their DVDs.
on September 6, 2009
I remember watching "Murder, She Wrote" with my Dad when I was younger, while it was still on TV. I think it is wonderful that all the seasons are now available on DVD (as are countless other shows). The first season did not dissapoint! It is interesting seeing Jessica Fletcher's character from the very beginning, especially in the Pilot episode. If you watch later seasons it is very noticable how different her chacter had evolved and changed in the years following the first episode. I have grown up watching the later seasons, so watching the first season helped explain how she became a mystery writer and helped set the scene for the future episodes. I highly recommend watching all the seasons and look forward to buying Season Two!
on March 22, 2012
I love murder she wrote use to watch this show when I was a kid with my mom every Sunday. I was debating on buying this series for a while now and when I saw the first 6 seasons where only $15 a season it was a insta-buy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 30, 2015
Great to watch this beloved tv series again.

And unlike many tv serieses from the 70-90s, Murder, She Wrote does not seem dated when watching it now, but still just as entertaining, relevant and clever as it was years ago.

Angela Lansbury is perfect in this role. She was a role model for me back in the 80s and she still is now.
on December 20, 2012
I can't really speak for the quality of the content - this was a gift. That said, it was well received, I tested it on arrival and it worked and still does as far as I know. The product was a good price and quickly delivered.
on March 31, 2016
Always classical movies to watch, enjoyed the Sunday night Murder she Wrote series, glad to have my own copies now.
on January 30, 2014
I bought this dvd because I collect all the seasons. I would tell anybody who likes mysteries to buy these.