countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Color: Empire Red|Style Name: Stand Mixer|Change

on June 8, 2016
I have loved to bake for over twenty years but never had the counter space to justify buying one of these. After a kitchen renovation last year, I got one for Christmas. This is harder to use than I expected. All the beating attachments hit the bottom of the bowl (but the manual says the are not supposed to). A screwdriver with a lot of effort adjusted it to fit the wire whip, but if I adjust it enough to fit the paddle, the locking mechanism won't work. The bowl is also quite hard to remove and I'm pretty strong. Maybe I got a dud, but I'm amazed that anyone with arthritis could use this. Bottom line is that if you need to beat a lot of egg whites or stiff doughs, it's worth saving yourself the tired arms to use this. But for regular cake batters this appliance is too much trouble.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 10, 2014
This is the little brother to my bigger mixer. It has the same HP as the larger mixer, but the taller bowl has a different mixing action that's good for smaller batches. Although this mixer has lots of power to do more, this product limits bread bakers like me to two loaf batches of bread. It has the power to handle higher gluten breads like 100% whole wheat with ease. If a user tries to do a larger batch of bread, the dough tends to want to crawl up the dough hook and then the user winds up cleaning the planetary head of raw dough. I use my bigger mixer for bread, and use this one for single or double batches of cookies. The larger the mixer you purchase, the greater the clearance between the blade and the mixer bowl. That only matters on things like cookie doughs, as bread doughs move around in the bowl on their own.

One other thing I find this mixer really good for is Swedish meatballs. Mixing meatball dough in this mixer causes the meat mixture to soften out, and be less grainy. It gives meatballs a wonderful soft texture and mouth feel. It's equivalent to double grinding the meat.

Kitchenaid makes excellent products. This is good mid to small size mixer. I also find the colour palette that you can choose from is amazing.

Have fun - this mixer is a definitely good addition to a cook's kitchen!
Now that we've owned this for a few weeks it has made cakes, icings, and various bread doughs (like pizza). I won't go into too much detail reviewing this because these things have been around forever and they have been reviewed to death already...but one thing I will say is I don't understand the whining about it not being good for bread dough, as it seems to do it just fine for us. Sure the head wobbles a little bit when the ball is large and stuck to the hook in a weird way but it hardly seems like it's breaking a sweat while kneading it..

I like the tilt head design, the bowl is basic but functional, it does the job we wanted it to do so far.
on December 24, 2015
I absolutely love this stand mixer. I have rheumatoid arthritis and its quite bad in my hands. I can no longer rotate my wrist properly to hold a hand mixer so I essentially stopped baking all altogether. I saved my loonies and toonies for 5 years...YES...that long. and I made it to $485 when all of a sudden...this particular kitchenaid became a daily deal!! $319. I was so excited. I bought it right away. It came very quickly and I have been baking bread, muffins, cookies and my family (husband and 4 kids) are over the moon happy too.

I did try a stand mixer before this one that was much cheaper... around $80 from sunbeam. Tried one batch of cookies and promptly packaged it back up and returned it to the store. It was garbage.

This mixer...is changing my life, literally. I love it! I recommend it! I am so excited to have it! and I am so thankful it went on sale!!
on August 23, 2016
Cannot say enough about this mixer. I bought one for myself and have had it for over 6 years, and bought this for my sister for her wedding. Easy to clean, long-lasting and works great. Has turned my sister into a baker, when she barely could manage Kraft Dinner before. Highly recommend buying a second bowl and spatula, as it is easier to make large quantities, or even make cupcakes and frosting in a quick bowl replacement.
It's insane to feel such affection for a simple appliance, but I do. I mean, just look at the colour! Sense its heft! Stir something in it and watch it work away without you, doing its thing while you dig in the cupboards for the next ingredient. It's a team member, an ally, a strong pal who can wrestle bread dough to a pulp one moment and tease points out of meringue the next...
Honestly, despite the fact it takes up much of my counter, I leave it there, my strong blue buddy. Ooh, I am feeling the urge to bake right now...
on August 4, 2015
Quite possibly the best investment I have made as of yet! I bake a lot and I have been using this for a while. Unfortunately, I needed more than just the bowl it came with so I ended up buying the frosted glass bowl.

I haven't had the chance to use any other attachments but I'm 100% sure I will have the time in the future as my mixer has already been used quite a bit but is still showing no signs of wear =)
on December 30, 2015
It is sooo cute and exactly what I wanted. It does great job with doughs, egg white, and whipping cream. One problem is it doesn't have enough power to deal with relatively dry doughs. Sometimes it stucks and I have to watch it. Overall it's a great machine and perfect for family use.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 17, 2010
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to dedicate some space to this workhorse - you won't want to be moving it often, but with its looks and its million and one uses, you will be happy to give it pride of place.

It performs better than any other mixer I have had and will take on anything. It is also surprisingly quiet. And with many weird and wonderful attachments to expand its capabilities, your Kitchenaid will be your personal kitchen assistant.

An essential investment. Five stars.
on August 16, 2016
Like if KitchenAid had to prove their products' quality, this one feel rougher and better than the new one.
Now, I feel my girlfriend has replace me... Well, I guess she loved that Red Christmas gift! ;)