countdown boutiques-francophones Furniture Kindle Beauty Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports tools

Color: Cobalt Blue|Style Name: KSM150PS Artisan® Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 17, 2010
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to dedicate some space to this workhorse - you won't want to be moving it often, but with its looks and its million and one uses, you will be happy to give it pride of place.

It performs better than any other mixer I have had and will take on anything. It is also surprisingly quiet. And with many weird and wonderful attachments to expand its capabilities, your Kitchenaid will be your personal kitchen assistant.

An essential investment. Five stars.
on January 5, 2010
Quiet and powerful as well as pretty. Very heavy which is good for me but I can see older cooks having issues carrying this around the kitchen. I have several of the attachments, all of which work well.... my fave is the ice-cream maker tho!!
VINE VOICEon March 13, 2013
It's insane to feel such affection for a simple appliance, but I do. I mean, just look at the colour! Sense its heft! Stir something in it and watch it work away without you, doing its thing while you dig in the cupboards for the next ingredient. It's a team member, an ally, a strong pal who can wrestle bread dough to a pulp one moment and tease points out of meringue the next...
Honestly, despite the fact it takes up much of my counter, I leave it there, my strong blue buddy. Ooh, I am feeling the urge to bake right now...
on January 31, 2010
I ordered this unit on boxingday Saturday, to my suprise we got it that tuesday. we have used it to make pizza dough, breads, pastas, whipping cream egg whites etc. its an excptional unit and looks great.
on July 8, 2014
I was very disappointed that this motor has already started to go :( and i have had it for less then a year - I never make large batches... 90% or my baking is soft cookies... so it should last much longer then that. The colours are awesome but a little more power and durability would be appreciated... i am thinking that next time I'll go for a stronger model but the reviews on that make it seem like a similar case.
on April 1, 2012
If you cook or bake a lot, it's probably the best kitchen tool you can have. It's like having a second pair of hands.
on January 6, 2017
Great Xmas gift that works well. Got this on an after Xmas sale and am currently awaiting the appliance rebate from KitchenAid.ca. What's not to like?? It's much bigger than I thought but well made. I look forward to making bread with the large metal bowl that will transfer from my oven to mixer easily. Since I can mix all ingredients together and let my yeast rise in the warm oven in one bowl. The splatter guard came in useful when I made my recipe yesterday allowing me to add wet ingredients with no splashing outside the bowl. An expensive item but strong and sturdy but getting it on sale and with a rebate made my decision to buy easy.........
on January 13, 2012
Love the mixer - debated whether to get the professional or Artisan. I am glad I got the smaller Artisan for daily use!
on May 14, 2016
Worked well initially. 'Initially' meaning for the duration of the warranty period: 1 year (used maybe a total of 15 times). Then it got stuck making even the most basic, light doughs, for example gingersnap cookies or butter cookies, never mind the bread and pasta doughs it advertises.... had it fixed by a Kitchen aid recommended mechanic, same problem after another 5 uses, making the $90 repair useless. Kitchen aid has offered me a replacement unit at a discounted price of $390?!?!? Considering the price a terrible, terrible product.
on February 10, 2017
It works great for most baking. I'm glad that I purchased the glass bowl and the flex edged beater for it, though. I probably won't use the beater that came with it at all since the flex edge eliminates the need to scrape the bowl, and I'll only use the stainless steel bowl when I need to use two bowls since the glass one scrapes easier and doesn't leave a residue behind (Yes, I did wash it and wipe it down multiple times with lemon juice like KitchenAid recommends, but the residue is still present when using the stainless steel bowl). For bread dough, I wouldn't use more than 5 cups if using Canadian flour. The recipes that came with it don't state if they are made for Canadian or American flour, but if you make bread a lot, you know that there is a big difference. 5 cups was it's limit and more than sufficient for the recipe. When I added the 6th cup of flour, the top of the mixer started bouncing a lot, and the motor was clearly struggling. I probably won't use it for bread very much.