countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Size: 32oz|Change

on June 23, 2016
Ive owned a few Bodum french presses before and have tried the columbia. While Ive liked Bodum and thank the company for introducing me to French Pressing, I've found that there are better products out there as of late. One which directly competes with the Columbia is the french press made by the Canadian company Espro. To me it works better in most respects. It has a dual filter that keeps fines and sludge down to a minimum while the Columbia only has one. It's also double walled stainless steel like the Columbia but its lid is far superior and is made of the same gauge stainless steel as the walls of the body, while the lid of the Columbia is made of mostly plastic. Because of this, its head retention is fantastic. Ive had hot coffee for more then an hour in it and I think it would remain hot for a lot longer. Another great feature is that once you've finished your press the left over coffee grinds in the bottom will stop brewing preventing the coffee from becoming bitter. This is something the columbia doesnt do and why many people suggest empying the coffee from the Columbia into a decanter. To me the Espro is really the better way to go. And I suggest you check them out!!
on April 18, 2016
The container is excellent and keeps the coffee hot. The lid seals the opening for heat retention. The lid and plunger however are plastic, and this is the reason it did not get a higher rating.
on March 19, 2016
I had originally purchased this as a gift for someone, but I was disappointed in the plastic filter and requested a return. I continued to study the company and the design of this filter from Lucerne, Switzerland, and I was very impressed! Especially with all the countries around the world, this Bodum is being sold to. I cancelled my request for a return, but I noticed a few tarnish marks on the varnish of the outside wall of the thermos. I could not remove them, so I kept this for myself. Blemishes should not affect the quality of my daily coffee!
THE BEST COFFEE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
Thank you Bodum! Your efficient and knowledgeable customer service is also 5 star.
on February 28, 2016
The product itself is great; however, it can be purchased at several coffee shops, including Starbucks and JJ Bean, for $80 CAD.
on February 16, 2016
Let me preface this by saying that I've been a Keurig fan for years. But when someone serves me a french-pressed coffee, I invariably comment on how delicious it is. It always seemed like a lot of work, and more critically - a lot of time - especially in the morning as I'm rushing out to work. Boil the water, let it sit, wash the pot and filter... Well, I'm retiring in three weeks and this was my retirement gift to me, from me. I've been using it for the past four days, and I've finally figured out how to press the perfect cup. I won't post it here, because it will be different for everyone. Now for the review:

It's elegant looking, and sturdy in the hand. I will add my comments to the others, in that it brews three MUGS of coffee, not eight. Just do the math - a cup, by every definition out there, is eight ounces. I suggest you did as I did, and take a measuring cup to figure out how big your mugs are. Mine hold 11 ounces, I drink two cups (mugs) in the morning, and my husband one - so this was the perfect size for us.

If you're wondering how tall it is - it's 8 inches high. The finish is lovely, and I'm not sure why, but clean-up seems much easier than when I've watched others clean their french-press machines. The outside shines up great.

You will also likely need a coffee grinder - or have them custom ground in the store. It only uses coarse ground coffee, and at least where I live, I couldn't find coarse ground in the store, only fine ground for the drip machines.

It keeps the coffee at a good temp for at least an hour - but it rarely lasts that long. If keeping it warm for longer than that was important, I'd get either the thermos one, or pour it in to a thermos carafe.

All in all - I'm super happy with my purchase. It seemed like a lot of money, but not having to buy Keurig cups will have it paying for itself pretty quickly I think.
on February 3, 2016
Love love LOVE this French press (we just got it).

Extremely well made. Keeps coffee hot for hours.
Easy to clean. Fits 32 ounces of coffee.

No complaints so far, will review in a few months time
on February 3, 2016
Love, love, live it! Best Bodum I've ever owned and I've been using them, gorgeous coffee and tea for almost 20 years! Well worth the money!!
on January 30, 2016
Absolutely love this French press. It's durable, seems well made and keeps coffee hot for long enough to let it steep and still have a piping hot cup. It will over brew if left to sit, but it does stay hot for a while.
on January 16, 2016
Wonderfully made..it will last a very long time
on January 16, 2016
Terrific. Exceeded our expectations. Stylish and functional.