countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 3, 2017
Smaller than the image may have you believe. Material used is of good quality and sturdier than expected. Capacity is less than the 3 cups described, though you can keep adding yogurt and removing whey as things settle.

Main disappointment is in regard to the metallic mesh: it is much too coarse to do a good job by itself, and I am quite surprised to see so many 5 star reviews on Amazon. It loses over 75% of the yogurt to the whey, whereas a simply coffee filter will lose very little and layers of cheesecloth maybe 10-20%. You end up with solids on top and lot of yogurt below. "Whey" is definitely milky and thick, as opposed to the pure translucent yellow lactoserum left with a coffee filter.

I am somewhat likely to keep it because the shape and cover are convenient, and will use with an additional filter layer. But this is NOT the all-in-one solution I was anticipating. A coffee bodum and filters would have done as good or better job.

This product over-promises, under-delivers, and is rather pricey considering construction, design and poor performance.
on April 14, 2016
I bought a yogurt maker so I thought I needed to buy this as well so that I could make soft yogurt cheese (or a cheese-like food product). I have not used this as much as the machine that I bought. In fact, I've used it only one time using store bought plain yogurt. The maker works as advertised. Within 2 hours of straining the yogurt, you have the makings of a soft cheese. Within 24 hours, you have a yogurt cheese-like substance that has the consistency of a softened cream cheese. I quite liked the flavour and taste.
on March 21, 2017
GREAT CRAFTSMANSHIP
Works well

If you ever need to make cheese
THIS IS THE END OF YOUR SEARCH
But,
Remember this is way too small in size than you would expect
See the size , before you buy
on April 25, 2017
First of all, great customer service. I had an issue and they took care of it right away.Love this. This is my third purchase. Nice thank you gift!! product is fine. definitely recommend five star excellent Well designed. Great product. cannot complain for price but not what i expected
on December 18, 2015
Good but fairly small, only fits about 1/2 L of yoghurt. Washes wonderfully, though. Shipped quickly. Seems like it will last a lifetime as well made
on June 4, 2017
Strong but small
Would like to see it larger
on March 15, 2017
Way to small for the job it's made for. Would not recommend.
on June 20, 2017
Parfait pour faire du fromage blanc ou du yogourt grec
on February 8, 2011
It was great for making small batch of yogurt cheese, I also used it when I made quark type cheese instead of cheese cloth. Do read the dimensions, it is quite small. I hope a larger size will be available soon.
on September 19, 2014
We got this in combination with the CYM-100C Cuisinart Electric Yougurt Maker (automatic cooling) and we LOVE it. The greek yougurt that comes out is divine. Smooth and easy. I leave it in the strainer for anywhere between 2 and 8 hours and it is perfection. Once I left it in much longer (24 hours) and then made a low-fat cheesecake with the yougurt cheese. The cheesecake worked out well (though it took 1.5 hours to bake instead of the 20 minutes the recipe called for that came with the device). The clean-up on this is a snap too - just throw it in the dishwasher.