countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Size: 5.5 Cup|Change

on June 13, 2016
I've been using this rice cooker for almost 3 years now. I use it twice a week to make big batches of rice. 10 cups each.

Perfect quality rice, super easy to clean, I love the chimes it makes and the songs it sings when your rice is all ready or starting. Really easy to use, set it up, walk away and come back when it chimes.

Super durable, no issues with this. I'd buy it all over again if this ever breaks down.
on April 21, 2016
I hesitated for the last two years. Then did research. The first time took me 2 hours to make sure I did it all right. Awesome rice. The next night it tool 3 minutes to get it going. Beautifully cooked rice every time
on December 8, 2015
Excellent rice making machine, I don't mind waiting as long as it is perfect once the water is put in it. The three stars review is because apparently there are many options to set the timers etc, but it got the most stupid complicated old logic for a screen menu (so not convenient) besides the very hard weird button pressing that you could move the machine while trying to press on one so it works! Further, it's so stupid to have an option to turn the damn machine off, so it doesn't keep heating the food. Which sort of once you get it on you gotta keep it working! So in case of rush or emergency you can't just leave, you got to remove the power from the wall. Unless, there is a war but I somehow can't see it. Could be, given the old style screen menu.

Now the question is, is it worth it? I bought it on sale for about 170 I guess. Let's just say, I imagined my old 30 $ rice cooker compared to this price! And at the end of the day it's just rice! No it is not worth it. Even if you got millions, it makes the rice that other rice machines does. Now the extra options of rice.... Well... It's personal preference.. Also, it looks nice in the kitchen although kind of bulky.
on September 25, 2014
This is the second one I've had of these. Had an accident with the first one. I always use it on my glass stovetop under the range hood as it produces a lot of steam. Just don't make a mistake and turn a burner on underneath it! I love this little machine. If you get this cooker, also buy 'The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook' as it has recipes for cooking lots of different things in the neuro fuzzy cookers. Great for rice pudding (Porridge cycle).
on May 16, 2014
We sure eat a lot more rice and porridge since we got Zoji. The instructions are garbage, but the machine is fantastic. Once you have deciphered the owner's manual, which might require that you keep notes on the proportions of rice and water you use, you'll love it.

It's kind of like taking an exchange student into your home: hard to understand at first, and might not do things the way you're used to, but you soon realize how much richer your life is for having taken them in.
on December 8, 2014
It's a fine machine and all, I'm just not sure if it's worth the price. I haven't personally found it making rice better than my previous $70 Tiger or just a $30 machine from any retailer. Being Chinese we grew up with a rule of thumb of how much water to add and it's served us just fine. Will keep the machine but I'd recommend those who are considering this to evaluate your bang for the buck before buying.
on May 14, 2015
The Zojirushi rice cooker cooks rice perfectly every time! And the keep warm feature is great. Easy to use too. The non stick inner pan works perfectly and serving rice with the included spoon is a breeze. Switching between types of rice or porridge is easy, the controls are easy to operate and scroll through to select the option you want. My sister in law had this cooker and after using hers I came home and ordered one for myself. No regrets!
on October 3, 2013
Who ever says rice cookers are not all the same has clearly never used a Zojirushi! These are the most amazing cookers. You can select the type of rice you are cooking and it times it perfectly. Seriously! Perfect rice every time.
on September 26, 2014
I have been using the same rice cooker for 8 years until it ceased to function normally. After shopping through different models, I decided to buy another one of the same make and model. I have faith in this brand, and I expect to use this new cooker for another 8 years. It is really a good purchase for the cost.

The best feature of this model is the removable inner lid. If not removable, it is really difficult to clean and pose hygienic concerns in the long run. Also, there are many programs to choose. The fast cook option is most useful. It is OK to wash rice in the inner pan, but we always wash then pour it inside. We believe this can protect the surface.
on March 14, 2013
We love this product. The rice comes out beautifully, as do the steel cut oats (that's all we've used it for so far). We love the timer, which itself works fine. It plays a tune for you when it's ready: so nice to wake up to that smell. The only drawback we can identify so far is the fact that it takes about 45 minutes to cook rice, which is longer than some of the basic, cheaper cookers. To be fair though, we feel that the rice comes out much nicer in the Zojirushi, so if you can generally wait 45 minutes to eat, you will have a more enjoyable meal.

We can't say we saw much of a difference between the "hard" and "soft" rice settings, but both were quite nice.

As for shipping, we were very happy. The cooker came in 2 days I think (might have been three, but we ordered on Sunday). Well packaged, came in perfect condition.

Very good Made in Japan quality. I have confidence there is no lead, cadmium, or BPA leeching into my food.