countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more Coffee Week home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on July 15, 2003
NO, NO THEY ARE NOT............they are not groundbreaking, original, or any of those other positive adjetives people have been throwing out about The Postal Service. Hard to believe DNTEL could have his name put on this. And for all the skeptics who were waiting for Death Cab to completely fizzle over and show how truly bad they were, well, here is your sneak preview.
on May 25, 2004
This girl I was dating listened to the Postal Service, she thought they were a pretty cool band. What's interesting, I told her they have this indie-rock sound about them; an old eighties/early nineties sound. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, they're this indie-electro band--much like Depeche Mode, New Order, OMD, and the Pet Shop Boys--riding a wave of unparalleled success, in the dynamic electronic-underground music scene. If it weren't for the uninspiring vocals on this unimpressive CD, it would've ended up in people's mailboxes all over the world. Unfortunately, the unwilling participants are led to believe this band has any merit, in the unbelievably craptastic way it's put together: It sounds arbitrary, if not ridiculous, as if though some teenage kids got together after school in their garage, hoping someone out there would notice their broad vocal range in some of the songs. It's stripped of any value as far as I'm concerned.
on August 24, 2003
I listened to this CD various times in broken parts and then once from start to finish all the way. I found it to be extremely irritating. I'm sorry, I just don't get it. The Postal Service is not for me. It has nothing that I look for in music. My tastes are a lot different than the other people who reviewed, so take your pick..... It just sounds like a seventeen year old kid who got dumped by his girlfriend and now he's using his PC and Nintendo to make cute music for little girls to dance to. Why anyone would wanna buy this album is beyond me.
on October 21, 2003
The beats are ok, but dated already... the lyrics are sappy and bad. Good for the high school crowd though who have heard nothing better. Melodies are pretty poor.
To the reviewer who said "Shoot me in the head if I ever find better music than this, please. "
You need to seriously expand your horizons. I could name about 50 bands that are eons beyond this stuff. You can start with My Bloody Valentine.
on December 5, 2003
This sounds like songs an 8 year old would make on one of those Casio pre-programmed keyboards. Add a few wimpy guitar lines and the "sensitive" vocals of that chubby guy from Death Cab and that's all this band is: boring.
on May 24, 2004
this really suks, are all you people smoking too much dope?
on February 24, 2004
If u like terrible music with terrible vacalists, u'll enjoy The Postal Service. This is untalented stuff, sounds like lame 80's nintendo sounds were used to make this album. Don't waste ur time or money.