countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture Kindle sports

on February 3, 2014
This machine has done an excellent job keeping our rugs nice and clean. We use this every month or so to bring the carpets back to like-new condition. We have two dogs in a medium size townhouse, so the rugs can get soiled from messy paws if we're not careful. Weekly vacuuming deals with the normal dirt and dog hair very well, and this SteamVac removes all the tougher dirt and stains.

The two-tank system is very well designed in this unit. The top tank contains the soap solution and is very easy to fill with detergent and hot water. The bottom tank fills with the dirty water while cleaning and is very easy to remove and empty when full. The tanks are a good size, so with our three-bedroom townhouse, we only have to fill the tanks about three times to do the entire unit.

This unit makes the carpets look very nice and clean, and it leaves the carpets only slightly damp. They dry very quickly, and we've been able to use the carpets again only a short time after cleaning them. Overall, I have been very happy with this unit.
on January 3, 2017
Cleans even heavily soiled carpets very, very well. Have not used the upholstery attachment yet so I cannot comment on that, but the carpet cleaner itself does a remarkable job for a consumer grade unit. The vacuum has good suction and picks up most of the water that is used, so carpets are left just damp, not soaking wet. My experience is that at regular room temperatures, carpets will dry completely in 6 to seven hours, and with a regular house fan blowing on the carpet will dry in 5 hours or less. The amount of dirt that you will see going down the drain when you empty the dirty water tank is remarkable, even on carpets that appear clean!
The only reason I did not rate 5 stars for this unit is that both the clean and dirty water tanks are small and require filling/emptying about every 8 to 10 minutes of use, so on anything but a very small area one spends a lot of time filling and draining the tanks. For small areas or just cleaning high traffic areas though, this is an amazingly effective unit!
on May 4, 2017
Best carpet cleaner we have had. Went through many Bissell. The rotating brushes work great on heavily matted carpet. after a couple shampooings they look and feel great.
on March 16, 2017
Works as expected, would've given it 5 stars if it had bigger water and detergent compartments.
We don't have much carpet (3 bedrooms only) and I have to empty/refill twice.
Good buy overall.
on December 5, 2015
This is the best cleaner that I've ever purchased; beats Bissell brand that I had before. It is a strong scrubber and versatile machine. What I have expected from Hoover - well worth the money.
on March 23, 2017
Very satisfied with the end result, easy to use and works like a charm, my carpets never looked so clean. Worth ever penny!
on August 8, 2017
Great product for the price!! Take good care of it and it will last you for many years!!! I love how if you take the time and do the carpets as per the included instructions. Your carpet dries very very quickly.
on February 7, 2017
Broke within a couple months. Hoover support is terrible. Taking forever to get repaired. Don't buy this product.
on November 3, 2014
This is a nice SteamVac that is easy to use. It basically comes assembled right out of the box, and all you have to do is fill the water tank before using (you mix your cleaning solution of choice with warm tap water) and then empty the dirty water tank when you are finished. [NOTE: A small sample of Hoover cleaning solution is included in the box].

Sometimes it takes 2-3 passes over soiled areas to get everything completely clean, but in general once is enough. There are two buttons which allows you to control how much cleaning fluid is released as you go. After you have applied the wet cleaning pass, I recommend going over the entire area again for a drying pass - the SteamVac sucks up more of the excess water and this greatly helps to dry the area.

In summary - this is not the perfect SteamVac, nor do I expect it to last more than a few years with regular use. But I have used it 3 times now, and overall it does a very good job cleaning the carpet. So it is good value for the price, and I would recommend it for normal household use.

* For cleaning solution, I like this product: "Hoover 2X PetPlus Pet Stain & Odor Remover 32 oz, AH30325"
on July 15, 2017
Sometimes a bit noisy, but does the job really well.