countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Black|Size: 71-Inch|Change
Price:$166.70 - $597.00

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 25, 2011
Addressing the slippage first:
This mat does not "slip". I am a relatively built guy around 200 lbs, and I'll tell you - this mat doesn't slip. I have no idea how can this mat slip, on the ground or with your palms. Hot or normal yoga. I just don't get how or where all these complaints are coming from.
Yeah the FIRST time I used it, it had a BIT of slip when my palms sweated up. But after about 10 uses the mat has broken in very nicely.
And yes..I am using it for yoga and hot yoga.

Well as for the review, here it is.

First of all, if you can get this on sale - do it! It is well worth the price.

Pros:
High quality material
No weird rubber smell
Great thickness
No slip
Gets better the more you use it
Works even in hot yoga

Cons:
Due to the thickness, it is quite thick when rolled up. It just barely gets into my lululemon namaste 2 bag. Is it heavy? Well that's subjective.
I don't find it heavy, but I am a guy and I sling it across my back when I travel with it.
Honestly though, I've found that I had to bring another gym bag to carry towel/water bottle/strap/block if I'm going for a long yoga class (especially if it's hot).

Note for hot yoga people: Seriously if you sweat puddles, no mat in the world will be able to provide a non slip surface for you.
Personally I'm not that sweaty, I've managed an entire hot yoga class without using a towel. But I bring one regardless and throw it on halfway sometimes. This issue really is a personal one as everyone sweats differently. Then again, maybe I have more grip on my palms because I have callouses all over em haha.

Overall: I give it 5 stars. Yeah sure it's thick, but that's what you get if you want a nice comfy durable mat. Anyways, if you can't be bothered to bring another bag for your stuff then well...look else where. There's no way you're going to get this sort of comfort/durability in a thin mat, it's just impossible.
on May 8, 2016
It's been about a year or so since I bought this. It has gone through drops from dumbells for my weight training to months of Insanity workouts with me using running shoes on it. Not a scratch or signs of wear!
on October 20, 2011
I took my time deciding this expensive mat was what I needed, reading reviewers' reservations or encountered problems. After airing the new mat for a few days (no wiping) I used it for my most challenging yoga class - one hour power yoga with these results:
a)It stayed firmly in place on the polished solid wood floor;
b) My palms, fingers, soles and toes engaged the mat surface from start to finish with no noticeable slippage;
c) The new-product smell was noticeable but not disturbing;
d) There is firm cushioning, which reduced physical stress; and
e) At last being 74 inches tall didn't mean I have to constantly spill over onto the floor.
I think I made the right choice.
on September 16, 2014
I love my blackmat, it have great cushioning without being squishy feeling giving you stability for balancing poses and I love the woven like texture on top. Its is a closed cell material so if you sweat a lot you will need to use a towel because it will not absorb the moisture like the open cell mats do but because its a closed cell mat, cleaning is a lot easier. The biggest concern I had was the break in period, I read a lot of reviews who just couldn't get that coating off their mat. So when I opened the mat the first time and got in downward dog I slid right off so I quickly did the reccomened water, sea salt and a stiff brush treatment on it which improved a little bit but not much. So I then mixed 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar with 30 drops of tea tree oil sprayed that on the sea salt on the mat and used a cloth instead of a brush and really scrubbed it and that did it! After that I stick down like crazy and when I do slide a little its because I need to clean the body oil off the mat which is easy to do with a much weaker water, vinegar and tea tree mixture and then its good again.
on May 2, 2016
I really wanted to like this mat...I treated myself because my practice was getting very regular and serious, and so I felt it was a good idea to invest on a much better mat. Well this mat is really really slippery, feels as hard as tires, ..no cushioning between me and the floor, and it is heavy as hell (though in all fairness I did know about its heavy weight from reading other reviews, but thought if it was great that it'd be ok if it weighed a little more). I can't return it anymore unfortunately as I waited to wear it in a little bit, to see if it was me or the "new" factor, so I am very disappointed, and I've gone back to my old mat so it's a waste of good money...
I gave it 2 stars and not one because it is sturdy and solid.
on December 11, 2012
Love it my knee doesn't hurt anymore, like with other mats ,mat doesn't stretch while doing downward dog,...a bit slippery at first but after a wash and a few yoga sessions,it.s perfect. Finally found the perfect yoga mat...
on February 6, 2012
I bought this mat to replace my lululemon "the mat" as I felt it was too short. It is much thicker and the extra length prevents constant moving to the middle of the mat. I found it a bit slipper at first and since I do Moksha (hot yoga) I also bought the equa towel. The two work very well together and the mat does not absorb much moisture unlike my lululemon the mat. Other than being heavy and the same colour as many other yogis at my studio I would have no reason not to recommend this mat to anyone that is taller or would like more space to practice. Nameste.
on June 9, 2013
Most amazing mat ever. My knees have been thanking me since I got it!
Extra length is great for someone my height 6'2" & the lifetime warranty is an added nonus
on January 24, 2013
The Manduka Pro was recommended to me by my yoga instructor and a number of other yoga people. I also read a ton of reviews. Not only did I get it in just two days from purchase (on the basic free delivery option, thank you Amazon) but I knew just what to expect.

Yes, it is a little slippery to start but I just keep wiping it down with tea tree oil diluted in distilled water. The grip is almost there now and I can really see & feel how good it is and will yet be.

I've read that some people complain about the odour. Doesn't bother me. Neither does the weight - I have a strap and regularly carry it on the 15 minute walk from home to class.

This mat gives great support and grip. It isn't soft - I knew this going in and use a towel for my knees as I've had a couple of surgeries on one - but it gives me a huge sense of confidence to push on now with my yoga practice and the knowledge that I've invested in a quality mat that really will last me for life.
I have owned a number of workout mats over the years, and up until now my favourites were either by Gaiam or from Beachbody. I currently have 6 mats in the house from 4 different manufactures. When I asked for a $100 yoga mat for Christmas my wife thought I was a little nuts. But since I have spent over 150 hours practising yoga in the last 6 months I felt it was worth the investment. From all that I had heard the Manduka was the best of the best. I must admit I had very high expectations when I got this mat and it has exceeded them all. Diamond Dallas Page the creator of DDP Yoga only uses these mats and after using one for more than a month now I can see why.

On the Manduka site the specifications for this Mat are:
7.0 lbs; 71" long; 26" wide; 1/4" thick
9.0 lbs; 85" long; 26" wide; 1/4" thick
Great for Hot Yoga
Zero-waste, sustainable yoga mat
Backed by a Lifetime Guarantee
Superior wear and longevity
Comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors
Slip resistant, yet non-sticky, even when wet from light perspiration
Provides stability on hard or soft surfaces
Oeko-Tex certified, emissions-free manufacturing
100% latex free, and safe to use for people with latex sensitivities

I had originally asked for the Pro Lite but received the Pro, I was glad for this mix up. I was concerned about constantly carrying around the extra weight but the comfort more than makes up for it. My wife who wondered at spending $100 on a yoga mat, now complains when I take it to work for classes there, because it means it will not be at home for her to use. My only regret now is that I did not get the longer one, but maybe I will and pass mine on to my wife. I once heard Arthur Boorman asked in an interview if the Manduka was worth the price, he stated it was so good his son has asked that it be left to him in his will. I have also head others say you can pry the mat from my cold dead hands. DDP Yoga It Ain't Your Mama's Yoga and a Manduka Pro Ain't her Mat! It is the best dam mat on the planet!