Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Overall: A+!! Great holiday album
on December 26, 2003
Whitney's voice has matured and gained great depth and range. It is in terrific shape!! I have to admit that since I am not into x-mas music (I only know 2 of them), the album needed two listens to grow on me . Without further ado:
- The First Noel: When I listened to the sample I thought her voice was a bit airy, but now listening to the real deal, it is in great shape. The song is great, her delivery is great, and the music is good, (A)
- The Christmas Song: Great voice, well produced, and I loved the high note (flyyyyyy)... makes me wish for snow!! (A)
- Little Drummer Boy: Bobby Krista.. CUTE!! ... Whitney with all the tenderness in the world "sing baby... that's my baby".. I liked how the music picked up, and her voice is also in great shape!! (A)
- One Wish: The song started good, but then I lost total interest when she hit the chorus,, as several pointed out, the chorus needed some work, nonetheless her voice is very generous and the message is noble (B).
- O Holly Night: Faaaaalllll... Oh God the way she hit that note gave me the chills... this should be released as a special single "how to sing" sent to all those "singers" out there.
- I'll be home for x-mas: Something about the music I don't like, but otherwise the song sounds good, her voice is good, but I think the rest of the album overshadows this one. (B+).
- Deck The Halls/Silent Night: Amazingly, I LOVE this mix!!! Very nice, very energetic, nontheless, Whitney did hit those notes like nobody's business,,, sing it girl! (A)
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas: Talk about a timeless classic!! Good voice, but I thought the music was a bit loud at parts (i.e. her voice maybe should have been mixed a bit lowder). (A-).
- O Come Emanuel: OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! This is the one, Amazing song!! Amazing voice!! and God knows that with no music she sounds legendary!! I loved the vocal runs and the falesto, Very HAUNTING can I add?? (A+).
Overall: A+!! Great holiday album, I see nonfans enjoying this as I did and probably even more.