Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on April 1, 2017
This machine makes an amazing cup of coffee, especially if you DON'T use the included reusable filter. If you like hugging trees in your spare time, then just use recycled paper filters then clean, dry and recycle them when you use them. The difference between the coffee this machine makes with paper filters vs. the included reusable filter is night and day.

I am on my second one of these machines. First one had a problem with the electronics after about 5 years or so, second one has been going strong for 10 years. The original version of this machine had actual brushed stainless steel and was much more expensive because of it. They cheaped out on the finish of the current version, it's just brushed foil under a protective laminate. The finish isn't as good but still looks fine. The price DID come down accordingly though, since the current version costs about 60% of the price of the first version of this machine so it's much more affordable than it used to be.

I didn't buy the one I am using right now off Amazon, the one I bought here I got for my son for his birthday. He was never a big coffee fan until he started having coffee at my place after I discovered just how much better the coffee is through this machine with paper filters. Now he loves coffee too.

This machine can make even cheap Maxwell House junk taste good, even better than boutique coffees made in lower quality machines. Maxwell House half caf is the only readily available half caf coffee around here, which I like to have in the evening when I get home from work. I use a much better full caf coffee in the mornings.

If you love coffee, you won't regret buying one of these machines. Don't let the lack of a 'bold' button fool you either, the 1-4 cup switch serves the same purpose, so if you like your coffee bold, hit the 1-4 cup switch, no matter how many cups you are going to brew.
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 30, 2017
After 2 weeks of using, I'm quite pleased with this machine. It takes about 10 minutes to brew a full pot of coffee, and a little less for 1-4 cups. I've used pour overs and french presses for the past 5 years or so, and waking up to perfectly made coffee in the morning has been a real treat.
For simplicity, I've listed pros and cons as followed...

Pros:
-Simple to use, clear and easy to follow instructions
-1-4 cup brew feature. Must have for me, as I'm the only coffee drinker in my house
-Works great, makes excellent coffee

Cons:
-The hot plate is supposed to stay warm for 2 hours after brewing. Mine only sometimes stays hot for two hours. One time it shut off after ten minutes, the other time after 90 minutes. I find plugging and unplugging, long enough to reset the clock, corrects this problem. It's a pain, but not a deal breaker for me.
-It's difficult to pour water into. I'm 5'2, with the coffee maker sitting on the counter I can't see the measuring marks inside of the machine when I pour water. The easiest solution is to measure water in the carafe and then pour it in, but a water window(like on a kettle) would have been nice.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. It's a beautiful looking coffee maker, and seeing as this is an discontinued model, it has a good price for a Cuisinart. I have many other Cuisinart kitchen tools that have lasted me many years, I'm expecting the same out of this one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2017
Love this coffee machine. We had an older version that stopped working after about 8 years with 7 days a week of use. I'm glad a similar model was still available. Brews a great pot of coffee. The filter replacements are available on Amazon for a great price.
on June 5, 2016
I just bought this coffee maker to replace my old Cuisinart 1200 of the same design from 20 years ago. Here is hoping that it is just as sturdy and reliable. I purchased the original Cuisinart at the Hudson Bay Company before E commerce was even born. Considering I make 10 pots of coffee a week X 52 Weeks X 20 years... 10400 pots of coffee (and that is the low estimate!) with the old coffee maker. It was a real workhorse. I have always liked this design (Before it was even called RETRO). The Carafe is well designed and does not drip and dribble all over. My only quibble after all of this, is the design of the water reservoir. There is no water level indicator on the outside so you have to locate the coffee maker in a place where you can look down at the reservoir. I have mine near the sink and I can easily pull it out to fill. That is the only downside I have ever found with this coffeemaker in all of these years. This coffee maker has lasted longer that my stove, fridge, TV, computer so it is well worth the money.
on August 5, 2017
I've only had it a short time, but what a difference from my last coffee maker, which was about 10 years old. It's quick enough, and most importantly, the coffee is nice and hot. Comes with a reusable basket which seems to work just fine, and the heat plate does a great job of keeping the coffee hot.
on May 19, 2017
this is the 2nd one I purchase as the 1st one lasted me 8 years and although it was still working, was becoming inconsistent...but would suspect that after 8 years of at least a pot a day...only dislike is the pouring in of the water into the fill tank...but you get used to it....love the 1-4 cup setting and use it right up to 6 cups to give a better brew...
on May 20, 2017
I had bought cheap coffee makers in the past and just accepted that coffee made at home would only be warm, at best. This coffee maker makes great, hot coffee. This is my second. The first died after many years.
on August 3, 2017
We love the quality of this brewer, also the option to use two or four hour auto shut off is a nice option. Like that it beeps when ready.
Gets heavy us here and no problems yet.
on January 24, 2018
I’ll be completely honest. I do nothing more than flick this coffeemaker on and off, I don’t use any of the other fancy features it has. I know, what a waste. The reason I splurged on this coffee maker was because every simple/cheap one I’ve bought in the last three years has burned through its element within 6 months. It’s been almost a year now, and aside from the simple process of descaling and changing the filter every 3 months or so, it’s been maintenance free. I love that I don’t have to worry about it, it makes great coffee, and is simple enough that I can train my minion...I mean teach my toddler...to switch it on on the weekends.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 14, 2017
Great coffee maker, the 4 cups or less setting is perfect as I grind my own beans fresh and only make 3 - 4 cups at a time. Easy to clean too.