countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Size: fits 8 quart mixers|Change

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(4 star). See all 242 reviews
on August 21, 2017
Just used this weekend, simple to use and it does a great homemade ice cream.
As mentioned in other reviews the driver assembly is not the one shown in the picture (unfortunately it comes with which seems a cheaper version).
on August 18, 2017
it makes decent ice cream but its quite time consuming and expensive to make. The real bonus is you know what's in it
on May 22, 2017
One Word Says It All, GREAT
on April 13, 2017
Highly recommend!
on May 27, 2016
1 year later and this guy is still performing fine. As most people mention, the keys to success are prefreezing the bowl for at least a day or two on the coldest freezer setting before using, and also chilling your ice cream mix for a few hours or overnight before churning (regardless of the style of ice cream, always chill before mixing!). I keep the bowl in my freezer at all times, and usually mix up my ice cream in the evening, refrigerate over night, and churn in the morning. If you were successful your cream will come out the consistency of soft serve, eat it like that or pop it in the freezer to firm up (30 mins or so). Always remember that unless your using preservatives/emulsifiers in your recipes your ice cream will not last forever. Ideally it should be consumed in a week.

The reason I gave 4 stars and not 5, is because of the whole prefreezing process. But that's just what you get with this, if you can't handle that then get an electric machine. If you'd rather have just a bowl to store instead of an entire other appliance then I would highly recommend this. My counters are already crammed with appliances, so unless making ice cream becomes a daily occurrence I see no need to cram in another one! I've read plenty of other reviews that complain about the freezing fluid leaking, my best guess is that the bowl was handled/stored poorly, or washed with hot water when it was still cold causing it to crack. ALWAYS wash with cool water, or allow the bowl to come to room temp before washing.
review image review image
on December 23, 2010
When I saw that there was an ice-cream maker attachment for the kitchenaid stand mixer, I was so excited. I have only used it once and am already planning many different combinations to try. I did find that it took longer than I thought it would, but good things come to those who wait. The recipe book included has recipes to get you started, with basic flavours which you can then add to. I would have liked some eggless recipes, but those have been easily found online. I would recommend this attachment to anyone who has a kitchenaid stand mixer.
on February 1, 2014
This ice cream maker works great with any KitchenAid Stand mixer. It is easy to use and makes great ice cream, however it does take planning (must be frozen for a day before use) and quite a bit of space in the freezer, so it's not something that you can put in the freezer full-time and use on a whim. As a result, I've used it less often than I thought that I would, although it is still a great product.
on November 20, 2015
Extremely cool for making ice cream! Unfortunately I've had it just over a year and it's now leaking blue liquid even though I took good care of not submitting it to extreme changes of temperature, always going to room temperature before washing or freezing.
on December 2, 2013
This ice cream make works pretty good. I have manages a few great results. The down side is you have to work very fast after careful preparation. Everything and I mean everything should be as cold a possible and still mixable before you start. Anything that you put into the mix above freezing reduces the time you have before the ice cream you are making becomes a runny mess. I have found the best results are to pour the resuling ice cream into cover plastic food savers and then get them to the deep freeze as fax as possible. Cleaning a frozen icemaker is also difficult. I don't worry about that too much. After a rise with cold water, it goes back in the freezer. I don't care if there is some ingredient left frozen to the walls. It adds flavor to the next batch.
on May 11, 2016
Ça fonctionne très bien. Je regrette que les pièces rotatives soient en plastique, on se doute qu'au fil du temps ces pièces se fragiliseront. C'est comme un ice-pack en forme de bol; après environ 30 minutes de brassage vous avez une bonne quantité de crème glacée. Bien meilleure que ce que vous trouverez en épicerie. Mais vous devenez conscient de la quantité de crème riche et de sucre que vous y mettez... yolo!