countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on May 29, 2016
Not Impressed At All. I have many Breville products and this is the only one that I DONT like. This one really disappointed me. The coffee hosing does not hold pressure and puffs out during operation. The collar is all clean and the coffee is not too fine. It just dos not fit right. Just like the cheap stuff. Not only makes a mess but also ruins my espresso and so does my day. At least this model is not recommended. I got a more expensive one for office and that one works very well. Do yourself a favor and dont go cheap.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2016
Extremely poor Espresso and Latte. Does not get hot enough. Cannot compress grinds enough to make a puck. Really, really poor. Don't waste your money like I did. Don't believe the hype and other reviews. Save your money and buy a REAL machine like a Ranchilio Machine. If you have ever had an honest real espresso or latte you will be very disappointed with this machine - plus, I can't return it after trying it. I am out the money and frustrated. Shameful that Breville trys to pass this machine off as quality. Wow!
on March 23, 2012
This manual machine does a good job of making espresso. The keyword here is 'manual', you have to choose the blend of coffee that you like, you have to grind it just right, you have to tamp it properly...you get the idea. If the coffee is not to your liking you must experiment. But if you know what you are doing and you are willing to experiment you can brew a pretty good cup of coffee.

My machine came with two china cups instead of the metal ones advertised. I would have like the metal cups as I have plenty of ordinary cups.
on July 28, 2014
First espresso machine and after reading the reviews, I decided this would be the best machine for the buck. Turns out to be true, it's everything I was hoping for. Easy to fill the removable water tank, water heats up rapidely, delivers a nice crema on top of the espresso, the foaming wand works fine and the whole machine is very easy to clean. It takes little space on my counter and we use it 3-4 times a day. Very happy with this little machine!
on July 22, 2013
I've had one of these for about five years, and it never gave me a bad cup of espresso. Or cappuccino.

Unfortunately it gave up the ghost after five years - but that works out to less than 10 cents a day for the hardware. Replacing it, I moved up a couple of models in the Breville line to a $550 machine. It's a lot more fiddly to get the output right - and I regret not just replacing with the same model.

If you want good to great espresso and cappuccino without all the fiddling around getting the grind, tamping, and pressure just right, then this is the ideal machine. (If you want outstanding, then be prepared to do all the fiddling with a more expensive more complex machine.) But for simplicity and good quality, this model is excellent.
on March 28, 2013
I bought this device 4 months ago for my girlfriend and myself in order to save the $20-30 we were spending at Timmy's weekly, This is a basic but hard working little machine, lacking in the bells and whistles of the higher end Breville machines but more then making up for it in reliability and the low price point.

Positives so far:

Heats up very fast - ready to go in under a minute usually, can do 2-3 drinks between chargers.
The included kit is nice - very high quality, a nice little bonus considering this unit is pretty inexpensive when on sale.
Easy to handle - only one switch is nice, very straight forward to use, went from never touching an espresso machine to making drinks that taste better then Starbucks in a day or so.

Negatives so far:

Bigger cups wont fit - Large / some normal sized mugs wont fit between the base and the press, can be annoying.
Spouts are uneven - I found that my unit tends to flow unevenly, right side flowing much faster then the left.
Milk forther tends to get "jammed" by milk - water will come out instead of steam sometimes for few seconds. Tried to run it after use to clear future jams, but will still jam up and spray water instead of steam.

Over all, very happy with the purchase, will consider moving up to higher end unit in the future with more features that this device is lacking.
on December 8, 2012
This machine is great as an espresso machine only. Makes good espresso with nice crema. Serves its primary purpose at an affordable price.
I didn't mind that its loud etc, I do mind that after about 2 months in the steam feature became close to useless. Seemed like it wasn't getting hot enough, and I ended up with some steam and significant warm water in my cup.
on January 6, 2011
I bought this espresso to my girlfriend for Christmas. Before first use, we found that the tank was leaking and it formed a pool underneath the machine. I tried to contact customer service Breville, but I had no answer. Because we were eager to use it, we do a makeshift repair. Regarding the performance of the machine, it is very well done and very good cappuccino and delicious lattes. There are lots of accessories and looks great in my kitchen. I would have given five stars, I'm too angry against the customer service Breville.
After I wrote this message, Breville Contact me and offert to repair my machine!! Thanks Breville you got back your 5 stars!!!
on August 8, 2013
After using this machine for a few months, I can say it's a pretty solid machine that will pull a respectable shot consistently. Things I like: It comes with two size coffee inserts (single or double), it heats up pretty quickly (less than 1 min), it comes with a few cups, the espresso shot has a nice crema, and it's pretty easy to clean. I've only used the steamer wand a few times, and that worked fine too. Main criticism is that it's relatively loud, but really not too bad. It's not the kind of shot you'd get from a very expensive machine, but in this price range, I'm happy with my purchase.
on December 12, 2013
Espresso function works fine though I have seen better amongst the same grade machines.
The milk frother is useless though. While steaming the milk the nozzle spits out a lot of water along with the steam. You will likely dilute your milk with water in proportion 1:4 during the frothing. I preheat the machine well and even try to run some steam off before frothing but it doesn't help. In my opinion the frother on this machine is useless.

Machine came with 2 ceramic espresso cups and frothing jug which are nice, the heating pane on the top of machine also works well.