countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Size: Large|Change
Price:$74.89+ $4.95 shipping

on December 3, 2011
One of my two cats passed away last December of kidney failure...a common cat disease. I was told that cats (unlike dogs) do not drink enough water. And if you feed your cats dry cat food, as I do, because they are on a special diet, the lack of moisture contributes to problem. Both of my cats were always in the tub, sink or toilet trying to get water, even tho' we gave them bowls of fresh water every day. Cats prefer running water. I first bought a cat fountain from Walmart - the cats didn't like it because it didn't simulate a faucet, so I returned it. The minute I bought the Drinkwell Fountain, my cats immediately took to it. And I can honestly say that both cats drank much more water. Unlike the first 2 reviewers, I don't find it too loud. You should keep it topped up every day. A couple of tips - it does need to be cleaned once a week, which takes about 10 minutes or so. There is a charcoal filter which needs to be replaced, much like a Brita filter. There is a reservoir where you can put ice cubes on hot days. There is a little lever which lets you control the flow of water - low to high. Follow the manufacturers instructions e.g. don't let the fountain go dry, or you'll ruin the motor. I wish I had bought this fountain years ago and maybe my first cat would not have died from kidney failure.
on November 14, 2016
I purchased this fountain in the hopes of pleasing my finicky cat, and while this fountain fit the bill for him it was a less than pleasant venture for me. This fountain spent the majority of it's life in the bathtub due to minor leaking and additionally the reservoir on the back at no point worked correctly as it consistently drained itself completely upon installation, thus flooding over the basin in the fountain itself. Cleaning it wasn't exactly difficult but it's by no means the ease of many other fountains and if you have hard water (as I do) it can be difficult to get the mineral deposits out of the nooks and crannies. My cat would give this a 5/5 as it mimics very closely the flow of water from the tap, unfortunately I have to give it a less than stellar review.
on July 24, 2014
I got a 6 year old cat from a shelter. He wouldn't drink from anything but the running tap - I guess his previous owner let him drink this way. I couldn't get him to drink from a dish if my life depended on it, so I took a chance and ordered the fountain.
It perfectly mimicks the running water of a tap, and he loves it. He still tries to drink from the tap now and then, but I just remove him from the counter and set him down in front of his fountain. I'm so thankful that he is drinking lots of water now!!
There are some reviews about this fountain being loud - I have not experienced this at all. It is important to ensure the fountain always has plenty of water running through it. Don't wait for it to be close to empty before you clean it out and fill it up again. Be proactive and you won't have any problems!
on January 23, 2013
I'd give this 3.5 stars, but my cat would probably give it a 1. She would still rather drink from the toilet so this goes in the pile of things both pucrhased for her and ignored by her. It can get noisy if you don't watch it, but otherwise as long as it's kept clean and full it functions fine. Mine was in my bedroom where she sleeps and it never bothered either of us.
on January 1, 2012
I really like the fountain, and so does my cat. I find that if I keep it clean and the water filled up, it is not that noisy. There is a steady dripping noise from the actual fountain and the motor does whir a bit. I have it in the basement, so I don't actually hear it unless I am in the room. The best part is that my cat loves it. She was drinking from it as soon as I put it down, and now I don't have to turn the bathroom taps on all the time!
on August 18, 2011
Like the other reviewer this was the third fountain I tried. I sent the others back because they were too loud. It needs to be kept completely full of water to run quietly so you need to top it up at least once per day but best to do it twice. Easy to take apart and clean but tends to be noisier after cleaning. I let it run for a half day unplug let sit half day then top up the water and let it run again. Yes it is this fussy. But it was the quietest of the ones that were available at that time. If my last cat had not suddenly gone into kidney failure and that cats prefer running water and drinking more water helps to prevent crystals which led to the kidney failure I would not go to the trouble and expense. I am going to try the ceramic or stainless steel fountain from a different company next. They might not be better bit at least they won't be so ugly
on December 1, 2016
Holds lots of water, not terrible to clean but the pump is loud. I know these pumps make some noise, but right out of the box full of water and water in the reservoir, the pump is loud compared to the 360 drinkwell fountain that I already have.
on August 7, 2016
Updated Sep 2016
The motor died. It was a great fountain while it lasted and my animals loved it but I expected it to last longer then 4 months.

I have 2 cats and a small dog and they love it. They all drink way more water now then they ever did before. June 2016
on February 5, 2012
Très décevant comme produit. Mes chats ont adorés mais la fontaine coulait sur la plancher. Elle fonctionnait malgré le fait qu'il fallait mettre de l'eau dans le bol 2 fois par jour. A arrêter de fonctionner après que je l'ai démonter pour son nettoyage.
on January 23, 2015
It was good for a while but when I clean it I need to remove the motor and now the plastic is cracked from putting the motor back on and taking it off again... The cat loved it though. To bad it didn't last longer :( (about a year)