countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Music Deals Store Home sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on July 14, 2011
Once Upon a Forrest is an excellent movie with a message. My kids have loved it since they were toddlers and my 15 year old asked for a new copy on DVD, as our old VHS disappeared!
on November 29, 2003
I loved this movie when I was younger (probably about 5 years old).I saw it in the theater, and I must admit a few parts were a little scary. It is a story about furlings who must travel to another meadow and find herbs to save their young friend's (Michelle) life. A truck carrying poisonous gas drove off the road and contaminated their forest. Michelle ran to find her parents and wound up deathly ill from the gas. On their journy to save their friend these three furlings meet many interesting characters (the birds are my favorite). It also has great music!
A sign that this movie is still just as entertaining to the new generation: My friend's four year old sister just watched it and she couldn't take her eyes off the screen until it was over (71 minutes).
Well that's all I have to say, except it is not a Disney movie, while it is very similar to Disney movies, it is actually made by Fox Video.
Another great movie is the Princess and the Goblin. I can't understand why these movies are so unknown, They are great. Some parts still make me laugh.
That's the end of my review, but if you want to know more about the movie you can read on. This is what the back of the box says:
"In this rousing, magical adventure filled with whimsy, laughter, and charm, a host of fun-loving characters takes you on an unforgettable journey in a land called Dapplewood. One day three Furling friends, Abigail the wood mouse, Edgar the mole and Russell the hedgehog, find their tranquil lives greatly disrupted. A chemical spill has destroyed Dapplewood and their young friend Michelle becomes seriously ill from the toxic fumes. Counting on their own ingenuity and the skills they learned from their teacher Cornelius, they take off on an exciting, but dangerous journey to find help for their friend. Their wisdom soon pays off and they set about to restore Dapplewood to its original splendor."
Once Upon a Forest is a wonderful movie and it should definately come out on DVD.
on November 22, 2003
This is an awesome animated movie. It should be released on DVD. I have very fond memories of this from when i was a kid.
on February 13, 2016
love this movie
on May 19, 2016
On time and perfect
on April 24, 2015
kids classic
on March 18, 2004
I've always felt the worst movies are the ones that could have been good but weren't. I liked this movie when it first came out because I was 9 and I enjoyed forest animal movies with good music. This movie did all that but unfortunatly it managed to do all of this without a decent story. It's just not a good movie and it really could have been better if it had better story telling. Sorry, can't recomend it.
on December 2, 2003
This was the most boring and pointless children's animated movie I have ever had the misfortune of renting. The six and eight year-olds for whom I rented it were also bored by it. The plot and dialogue were simply terrible.
Just because a movie is made for children doesn't mean it can't have anything besides inane chatter. I strongly urge you not to purchase this movie.
on September 13, 2003
I am 19 so when this movie came out I was 10. Even then I thought it stunk to high heaven. I mean where in the world do they get these ideas to write movies like these. The plot is basically an animal gets hurt by some kind of pollutant and the friends of the animal must find an herb to save the animals life. Only through teamwork and hard effort do they get the job done. Boorrrrrrrrring! I mean come on. You expect me, my dad, and my bro to enjoy this trash. I know you are going to say that my dad's an adult, but what's your excuse for me and my brother. Oh wait! Does it awe you that kids can actually hate cartoon movies. This movie has bad plot, poor animation, cliches galore, and it is basically ripping you of your money if you buy it. Kids aren't stupid. They know bad from good. If you want good movies go disney. Out of 5 stars I have to give it a 1, but if I really had my choice I would take all the stars these lovey dubby parents gave away and replace with negative 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars for being without a doubt the worst movie my dad, me, and my brother have ever seen. Here's 10 years of frustration towards a movie that should rightfully be burned.