Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 5, 2018
I love this movie but it didn't come with the cardboard sleeve. All my other Studio Ghibli movies have the cardboard sleeve except this one so it kinda stands out... The sleeve is even in the picture of the product!
on March 16, 2006
I may write my review like a teenage - I like to scream: "Buy it now!"
1) The anime storyline is a 4-star story. It is classic, romantic, lucid and beautiful, but lacking of fancy modern twists. However, this is the reason that I like the story. In my personal opinion, the story is more catching than the "Spirited Away" although all major works of Miyazaki are quite interesting. The only setback is that young viewers may not be able to catch the subtlety of the story.
2) The interpretation, translation and adaptation worthies 5 stars. I watched two versions in both English and Japanese. The English voice-dub is as good as original Japanese if it were not better than. The voice-dub is professionally done and has raised the bar for future voice works. What I really like is the translation and adaptation. The I-T-A of this movie is excellent.
3) Both animations and colors are superb. It is an old fashioned 2D anime. But, all those beautiful details like waving flowers in the wind, the clear blue-sky, the background mountains, the buzzing cities, the grand palace and more make me very fond of the whole theme of 2D animations. The entire color theme of this anime is well designed and well matches the storyline with vivid, bright, but not overly sharp colors.
Overall, it is a 5-star DVD set for a 5 star anime.
14 people found this helpful
on February 8, 2016
Perhaps not as highly praised, but still very memorable as far as the visuals and story go. I really enjoyed this movie, and the animation is stunning as usual.
on May 29, 2016
Très bon film. Magique. Imaginatif. Plein de couleurs. Dommage que la fin soit vraiment mauvaise. N'empêche, ce film vaut le coup.
on June 2, 2018
I love it, kids love it, great movie
on January 30, 2006
--then this movie is a definite watch!
I have only seen the japanese version, but I can seriously tell that this story can be caught on quite easily by all ages. But, let's not forget the animation! Studio Ghibli's films are always world renowned for their amazing pictures and scenes in their movies. You always wonder what'll happen next in this magical film!
Anime fans, rejoice!!
6 people found this helpful
on April 19, 2018
An excellent Studio Ghibli movie of magic and adventure. One of the studio's best. This was a 2006 Academy Award Nominee.
on July 4, 2017
Good kids movie
on October 1, 2017
A beauty and the Beast style story with a twist, stunning art work, and great audio actors.
on October 15, 2016
My all time favorite movie of all time i absolutley love this movie if you havent seen it yet you must!