countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

on July 14, 2014
Jar leaks, It only really was a problem that it was dribble a tiny amount of something when it was blending something frozen like berries for a smoothie or it was running for a long time, that would usually be limited to a few teaspoons or so and it stayed generally under the shroud and was easily cleaned up. That was until recently, it's began leaking liquids at a much faster rate, I wish I had contacted them before my warranty ran out... but alas it was only a mild inconvenience to keep a paper towel for the first year or so I didn't bother so that's on me...make a jar that seems to be fatally flawed and ruining an otherwise fine product that can only be on whirlpool. Hobart ftw.
on October 21, 2011
Previous to purchasing this blender we had an Osterizer, which cost $49 and did the tasks we asked of it. However, it always let us know that it was doing us a favor by working. Then one day, it stopped working.

We had always talked about getting an industrial blender, such as a Vitamix TurboBlend VS Blender Vita-Mix (Tax Incl.), but felt the price-benefit ratio may not meet our criteria. While perusing small appliances at a department store, I became acquainted with the KitchenAid. This blender makes a good first impression. It feels like a small tank, similar to that of other trustworthy KitchenAid appliances I have grown to trust (proud owners of the classic KitchenAid mixer, and a rugged KitchenAid food processor). However, the department store price was nearing the top end of everyday consumer blenders at $229. After returning home, I did the typical consumer research for the KitchenAid over the internet (how much does it cost elsewhere, how product owners/testers reviewed it). I was shocked to find that amazon had the identical blender on sale for $90! But I couldn't make a rash purchase, purchase decisions often boil down to reading reviews. People complained about having trouble with the seal where the blade meets the jug. Others thought it was too noisy, and the lid didn't make a proper seal. Despite these minor flaws, we ordered it.

I effing love this blender. It may be a little loud, but this blender performs. It makes silky smoothies, and perfectly pureed soups. As opposed to the Osterizer, this blender feels like a tool that is ready and willing to perform anything you ask of it.
on November 21, 2012
This blender works really well, but after 2 years of use the blade snapped. This is pretty common and shouldn't be a big deal to fix. But you can't buy a replacement blade because of the way the jar is made - it's all one piece. So when the blade breaks after your 1 year warranty expires, you have to spend $40 ($26 plus tax and shipping) to get a whole new jar, and throw out your perfectly good one. This is not good for people who plan to use it for many years and expect to be able to keep it in good shape with minor repairs.
on November 21, 2012
This blender worked great for about two years. It was really powerful and could do thick dips, etc.

The rubber washers that hold the blade on failed - I ended up with bits of rubber washer in my brownie batter and a leaky jar. I called Kitchenaid, who said that while they had identified that leaking was a problem with this model, they were not taking any action about it yet and I should call back in a month or two. Not an acceptable resolution from my perspective. Seems like a waste to throw out the whole thing, as the motor seemed great, but I also don't want to spend more on a jar that might just break again!
on August 31, 2013
To start off with don't expect it to be a Vitamix, because its not. This blender is a good product well built with all metal gears inside, but with a plastic outer (meaning the gear/spline that connect the blender blades to the motor is metal but it has plastic on the outside of it. I would not classify this as a commercial blender though. Nice option is the crush ice button which pulsates itself into quick bursts as to not wreck the gears, blades or motor. The jar is like a plastic it IS dishwasher safe and even dared to try it but it is easier just to wash by hand to eliminate any possibilities of cracks and splits. This blender is definitely a great buy for someone who wants to mix a few drinks for company or whatever and is perfect for in home use.
on January 11, 2013
After juicing for several years, I decided to incorporate green smoothies into my routine. I was considering a much more expensive brand/model ("B" and "V" brands) but a friend urged me to try this first. I was skeptical, but am very happy with it so far. It will indeed make a smooth green smoothie even with tough greens like kale. If you want a blender for smoothies, purees, and ice crushing, I fully recommend this.
on October 24, 2012
Using for a month now and would characterize as a good value. Solid quality, nice features, low price, especially with frequent rebates. Amazon.ca jacks up the price though when rebate available. Shady practice. U.S. site doesn't play these games.
on November 2, 2010
This is a great blender. I also researched a lot of blenders and read reviews on amazon.ca, amazon.com, on the internet, and on youtube. This one was the best bang for your buck all around! I received it yesterday in the mail and I've already used it 3 times, with great success. It's STURDY, and BEAUTIFUL, and POWERFUL, it cleans VERY easily and it's easy to operate! The only cons I've found are that 1)if you don't hold down the lid during operation some liquid can escape, and 2)when the jug is set in the base it never feels really secure because it doesn't lock-twist into place like some other blenders do. Neither of these are major issues though, and all my smoothies have come out delicious! Thanks KitchenAid... now I'm looking forward to my 12cup KitchenAid food processor to arrive! :)
on July 13, 2011
I had been all set to provide a very very very positive review of this blender which I purchased after seeing how well it worked at a friends house, and was meeting all my needs until the jar, after approximately 5 weeks started to leak! My primary use of a blender is for the blending of ingredients for soup dishes, iced coffee and caiparenha! It was working beautifully until I discovered that the jar had begun to leak....I have reported the problem and since its still under warranty I have arranged to return it and receive a replacement which will hopefully not suffer a similar demise KitchenAid® 5-Speed Blender with Polycarbonate Jar - Metallic Chrome
on June 11, 2013
I loved this blender. LOVED it. Which is why I am SO SAD to write this review. For spending a good amount of money on a blender, I thought that it would last longer than 2 1/2 years. This morning I got up to make my usual morning smoothie and the device started smoking. When I turned it off and looked underneath, the plastic parts that connect the jar to the base had stripped. Stripped completely!!! The thing is useless now! And worst of all, I feel like the money that I spent on this machine was a waste. I thought that buying a "good" brand name like Kitchenaid was an investment that would pay off. I hate being wrong. And now I need to find an alternative breakfast until I can afford another blender. :'-(