Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on January 10, 2010
I saw this with my friends when I was a kid - we went around quoting Old Mose, whom we all loved - "Thank you for those kind words." - it did not matter he was somewhat crazed; that made him all the more sympathetic and loveable. I don't know how much we liked the movie otherwise because it is not totally action-packed. Having seen it now, as an adult, I see that John Ford (and, perhaps John Wayne) had other concerns: racism, sexism, political intransigence, the concept of family, and the loner. This movie, set in Texas but obviously filmed (beautifully) in Monument Valley, is more about character. And the possibility of change. And, perhaps, the impossibility of change; or, the shattering of growth by an overwhelming sense of loss (Wayne's character: the war, and the woman). Ford is a master director - I recommend watching the Special Feature in which the movie is explained, showing all the incredible framing of shots, the backlighting, the pacing of shots.... Aw, just watch it and forget any prejudices you have against John Wayne. It is a beauty.The Searchers
4 people found this helpful
on October 25, 2017
My father loved John Wayne, and got me hooked on watching him. I bought the movie years ago on VHS, and decided to update to blu ray.The audio and picture transfer are good for the age of the movie.
on August 14, 2016
Le plus grand film de John Ford avec le film qui a mis sur la m'appelle John Wayne.Cette édition spéciale est tout simplement phénoménale avec son livret, ses photos et les entrevues . Que dire de la qualité cinématographique de ce film, tout simplement bluffant.
on January 7, 2014
In this western the DUKE plays a darker role, more out for vengeance than justice. Still, we are entertained as the Duke searches for a young relative taken by Indians. During the search of many years, his vengeance is worn down until he finally locates her and returns her home. This is a good family movie that tells a sad part of the American western history.
on April 16, 2018
You have to like the duke for this one. Good movie to watch on a cold night in front of the fire
on October 30, 2015
My favourite Wayne movie of them all. Good story, great cast. All of Wayne's old crew are present and make the film work.
on July 3, 2016
As much as I love John Wayne, this is not one of my favorites. The Duke comes across as a heartless brute and we all know better
on July 27, 2015