countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 15, 2017
I've had this for about 6 months. It took a little for my cats to become accustomed to it but they have. It makes litter cleaning easy! You need to keep the litter volume topped up for it to work well. About 2-3 inches deep is optimal. The litter is alway going through a cleaning cycle however it is a slow cycle so the cats are not startled or even aware of the process.

If you have fussy cats who want a pristine litter this does the job well.

Down side is the sides of the litter are a little too low and litter does get kicked out of the pan when an exuberant cat goes to cover the litter. Get a good floor pad that will catch the litter that will get kicked out and you're set.

Cleaning the waste could not be more simple. There is a bucket where you place a collection bag. Pull out the bucket, remove the filled bag and then pop a new bag in. Super easy.

It's a big time saver for houses like mine with multiple cats.

Update....I bought 2 of these automatic litters and unfortunately both stopped working. I really did love them but unfortunately both died.

I've switched to a litter robot which is considerably more expensive but it is reliable so far and there is much much less litter kicked out of the litter box.
on March 12, 2014
So this is a product that WHEN USED CORRECTLY will make your life so much easier.

We have a 1 cat household, used to have 2 cats when we first bought this.

It's SO EASY, and the use of grocery bags in the catcher is the best thing since nutella. It does occasionally and always has made some noises here and there but mostly prior to now that was poop collecting in the in or moving up the ramp. After nearly 3 years the motor is finally giving way so we're out to buy another.

Once a month we would take it apart and clean it wholly (all moving parts and dish) and oil up moving parts, and spray the base with pam or olive oil. Maybe that's how we were so successful at having this run for so long. Either way... LOVE THIS.

UPDATE: I purchased another one and I didn't even need to!!! If I had contacted customer service I could have purchased new motor parts! I can't express my love enough for this item and the company!! Now I'm going to buy a water dish!
on January 31, 2017
It has ceased working after less than a year. Lid pops off. I've contacted the manufacturer, who is being incredibly difficult to deal with. I want to take advantage of my seller's 1 year warranty offered, but it's been next to impossible.

I would not buy this product again, nor would I recommend it to any of my friends. We were going to buy a second - now we'll simply be buying three from a different company.

Updated: The company has sent us a second box to replace the first (after much hassle - they expected us to be able to dismantle the original box, take pics of the motor, components, etc, so they could send JUST that part). The current box is working as promised, and without the dreadful clicking the first started with. We're about a month into use with no issues thus far.

I still wouldn't recommend this product to friends nor buy another, because the customer service was so exceptionally poor. The product itself seems hit or miss. Cats absolutely do kick out over the sides.
on May 3, 2017
It was the best thing ever! But the motor stopped working after 1 week of use.
on June 11, 2017
Worked good for a few days, then started making grinding noise and all the litter piled up on one side. Took it apart and cleaned it, found a little chunk of do-do jammed the conveyor system, after I got that out I realized one of the rotating things for the conveyor got knocked out of place, so I out it back and it's been fine ever since. Although I'm so think purchasing a timer is a good idea to reduce wear and tear. (My cat is young so I think once her and her droppings get bigger this will be less likely to happen)
on February 25, 2015
So far so good after 3 months. Some people complain about it clicking? That's because you use the wrong litter and it gets jammed. Of course your cat is still going to kick around litter. They are jerks. Still a lot less work than scooping. I haven't scooped in months.

It would be awesome if they built an industrial version with metal gears than would steam through the cat crap....
on April 21, 2017
It's great but smelly even with the best litters.
on September 21, 2015
larger clumps of litter (I am just talking about urine) will lift the lid ever so slightly when going up the ramp, which stops the unit from running. This creates a huge mess and stops the unit from doing what you paid a considerable amount of money for. Still within return time, and so still may do it yet as we are now having to constantly check the machine, which is exactly the reason we wanted something like this. Our cat is 16 and this is our third one we've had to purchase, but this newer design leaves a lot to be desired ...
on December 22, 2013
Works well. We purchased it after we found out we were pregnant.

The only thing is that we had to have the motor replaced almost immediately after arrival. Also the litter guard will not stay under the lip even after you hear it lock.

Overall with the motor replacement it works really well and my spouse is happy he only has to swap out the bag and swap the litter.
on July 19, 2017
This is fantastic. Bought a comparable cat litter that seems to work. Just keep it filled to the fill line and change the bag, and it's perfect. I have three cars and I change the bag once a day.