Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

Customer reviews

Galapagos (BBC)
Format: DVD|Change
Price:$79.23+ $9.95 shipping

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 24, 2015
I have bought a lot of BBC documentaries and I think it is fair to say that this one is, in my opinion, one of the best. The photography is superb and even on a large screen TV (60") the images are crisp and the sound excellent. I was a little surprised that compared to previous BBC documentaries that we had to turn the volume up more than normal to hear the narration but this is a minor issue. Unlike some documentaries where there were some grainy patches - these ones were perfect. A couple of nice things is that the intro (i.e. commercials for other BBC products) was minimal and better still the navel gazing about how it was made was good. In some of the other documentaries you listed to the photographers babble about how they suffered while clad in the best of everything and not taking any risks, while the locals had no protection and went about their jobs with no problems. This was missing from this. Another positive is that this series did an excellent job explaining where the islands came from and the same for the wildlife. In other words it is a lot more educational that some other BBC documentaries and as a scientist it was very enjoyable to see incredible photography AND coherent and concise explanations.
on October 19, 2012
First off I must say for just one disc the price is a touch on the high side, but this documentary doesn't disappoint.
This is indeed a great 3 part series, diving into detail of the islands, the sea life, and of course the tortoises from which its named. And lets not forget, the great Charles Darwin! This blu-ray as with every BBC documentary boasts Incredible photography and some very captivating scenes. The Blu-ray quality is right up there. The only thing missing by my standards was a David Attenborough narration. But I have no complaints with Tilda Swinton. Guess I've become spoiled over the years. All in all this Blu-ray is a must have, and is recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 9, 2012
Informative, some beautiful footage. If you've seen "Planet Earth" do not expect the same outstanding quality of film footage, but there are some incredible moments on this DVD. Bought for a nature documentary lover who watched it and thought it was fabulous. Multiple discs. This is not something you sit down and watch in 1 night as there are many chapters on one DVD. Amazing footage of turtles. Lots of "wow" moments in terms of beauty and learning new information.
on August 10, 2017
So far so good
on April 7, 2018
good video
on November 1, 2013
I wish I had watched this before I was in the Galapagos. We watched a part of their DVD on board travelling to one of the islands. We stayed for 5 weeks and the what we did not see in person we watched on our wonderful DVD when we got home.
on July 3, 2015
Very interesting nature dvd.
on March 4, 2014
Very good film depicting the history, wildlife, and geology of the Galapagos Islands. A must see if you wish to visit the Galapagos
(and you definitely should!!) or even after you have been there.
on January 6, 2016
Pretty much up to the quality expected from BBC Earth
on February 5, 2013
i was all excited when i saw that this was available. i have been looking for a great dvd on the galapagos and was jipped a few times. this was alright. i really like to learn all the different facts about the animals that live in these places but it had a lot of other information which i wasn't expecting. i just found that it wasn't the same as say life or the planet earth series. i'm not as thrilled with it as i was hoping but it's still a good addition to my collection. david a. does not narrate this. tilda s. does. the voice is still relaxing. i can put it on and relax and fall alseep.