Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Perfect Basic Heart Montor
on April 16, 2012
This monitor provides very good value for the price and works as advertised.
- Watch portion is comfortable and not overly bulky
- Quite easy to setup, very easy to use when basic info is entered.
- 'Start' a workout with one button press
- Saves information from your workout so you can log it afterwards
- Able to set high and low targets with an alarm to let you know if you are out of acceptable ranges (important for cardiac rehab patients)
- Chest strap is fairly comfortable and non-intrusive
- Appears to provide accurate readings (compared to manual pulse taking).
- No digital information transfer (for those looking to import data to a spreadsheet or program).
- Heart rate alarm tone is not very loud, might not be able to hear while wearing winter gear or bulky sports equipment(hockey).
Overall, this is a great monitor for the price (<$65 shipped) and provides a solid set of features without a lot of bells and whistles. The build quality of both the transmitter and receiver seems high and from what I can tell it is quite accurate.