Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 28, 2017
I'm not a fan of ghost movies. So the fact that I gave this film 5 stars shows my deep admiration for this particular movie. Probably the best of its kind. When a family moves into a new house strange things begin occurring. First it seems cute to the mother but when the children are attacked & 7 year old Carolann disappears into the tv the family Realize something sinister is happening and they can't need help.
Produced and written by Stephen Spielberg. Director of Texas Chainsaw Massacre Tobe Hoper is credited with helming this masterpiece even though the cast as stated in interviews that Spielberg directed more of the film than he did. Everything is superb, the script, the acting, the music score, the editing, the cinematography, the early 80's visual effects, the sound effects. The effectiveness so strong that one doesn't even care or even notice that not one person is killed in the film. Just goes to show that in the hands of the master Stephen Spielberg, he was able to show Hollywood that a horror film didn't need a death toll or whole lotta blood and gore. And could be made that was scary and captivating. Just needed a really good script first.
on May 5, 2017
It was perfect movie to watch again and remind us how fun it was to see this all over again. Worth it if you like these movies. Mind you it looks fake compared to todays movies. But these to me are great to see again.... Worth it if you like these versions....
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 10, 2017
"They're here!"
Spielberg's first [almost] horror movie. How some of the people in the movie have aged.
Actually don't find it scary compared to when I first saw it.
on January 16, 2014
A Tobe Hopper movie, produce by Spielberg, good actors,if not great. Of course it always depends of your perspective. Do you prefer Full CGI effects construction with no story telling or a well construct special effect with great camera montage and a scenario not so badly writen, a little cliche nowadays, but still hiding some gems. This remastered edition may lack of content though, but that's pretty much the only real disapointing point we can note. This is a 80's classic and probably the most influencial movie towards parapsychology and ghost portrayal till this day. Let's hope the upcoming remake won't screw anything it stood for and if it does, tries to go through all the way to make his point unforgetable and interestering.
on May 27, 2014
Wanted a copy of this movie for some time now as this is one of my favorite movies. Watched it one evening and was disapointed to see that a scene was cut in the middle of the charactors dialogue. No effort was even made to be discrete about it. Completely obvious. Terribly dissapointing.
on April 4, 2016
Didn't realize the format would be different, so this movie does not play on our standard Blu-ray player. Very disappointing.
on August 29, 2015
I loved this movie since it came out in 1982 I seen the new Poltergeist this Summer in theater and it was TRASH I wanted to leave after 5 min's of watching the New One . The only negative about having this movie in my home now is that since the day I got the DVD I had a string of bad luck and loosing things but it is still worth having I love this movie
on November 10, 2016
arrived early, and was what I expected, no issues, thanks!!!
on August 28, 2016
Entertaining. Only complaint is that the sound quality was sometimes poor.
on May 4, 2016
I love it... completes the collection. Unfortunately not what I ordered.