countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on March 28, 2017
Wonderful recreation of a classic piece of literature.
on August 6, 2017
We were not told that this DVD will not play on North American players. We used a laptop as a player and connected it to the TV. Than it worked well.
on October 31, 2016
best ever
on May 21, 2017
excellent version of Les Miserables celebration
on December 25, 2010
This Concert from Royal Albert Hall is one fantastic DVD - and what a great venue.
I actually prefer it over the live stage production I originally saw.
The characters in costume are superb, the Choir great as well as the Orchestra.
It is a very emotional performance.
The lyrics, subtitled, are a great asset.
This is my favourite musical of all time. It is " A MUST HAVE " if you like Les Mis.
The additional DVD, explaining the musical's evolvement & history is also very informative.
I GIVE THIS A 5 STAR PLUS RATING ! - GO FOR IT !
on August 22, 2011
This is the most wonderful DVD I've ever bought. The concert at The Royal Albert Hall was breathtaking, spellbinding, brilliant.
With the best ending ever.
on December 6, 2011
I saw Les Mis (twice) in Toronto YEARS ago and loved it. My sister and her husband went to see this particular performance when it was actually recorded. They thought it was one of the best night's entertainment they had had - so I had to purchase this "edition" (there's something different in every performance/interpretation of the material). It WAS wonderful - and worth every penny. Ruthie Henshall's "Fantine" just breaks my heart, and Colm Wilkinson is still the quintessential Jean Valjean. I often find one or more of the songs chasing themselves around in my head and even transferred a couple to my iPod. I have the 25th anniversary edition also BUT I have to say that this tenth anniversay "show" is the absolute best!
on December 7, 2013
Amazing CD. Great voices; can bring tears to your eyes and give you shivers. In response to Superb, Michael Burgess played Jean Valjean at the Royal Alex all those years ago while Colm Wilkinson played the quintessential Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages. I saw both shows more than 15 times and am still stirred by both musicals; they never cease to entertain, stir your senses and break your heart. I DID see Colm Wilkinson once on the stage at the Royal Alex as Jean Valjean in a special performance and he was amazing then too. There was (I am not sure if you can still get it) a recording with Michael Burgess of songs from the Canadian Les Miserables which I have and which was brought out after much clamouring from Canadian audiences...I wish they had allowed them to record the whole show it is only a short cd. I also have the Original Canadian cast of Phantom of the Opera with Colm Wilkinson and recommend it to anyone who loves musicals. It is outstanding. His vocal range is amazing.
on December 5, 2011
Amazing performances by each of the singers. Easily understood why this is considered the 'dream cast'. The characters of Valjean and Javert are sensational, played by Colm Wilkinson and Philip Quast. The intensity of emotions conveyed by each character is stunning. Michael Ball portrays a love-stricken and heart-broken Marius, and Lea Salonga sings as Eponine with heart-wrenching clarity.

Compared to the 25th anniversary edition produced in 2010, this version has the more powerful voices, and deeper emotions. With theatricality, the 25th anniversary version triumphs, utilizing more acting roles and a larger stage/flashier costumes. This version succeeds where the 25th version fails, in the beauty and quality of the singing.

An excellent purchase. Wonderful performances.
on October 28, 2012
This DVD is amazing! Aside from the best musical out there, the talent in the cast is unreal. The back up singers are better than some other productions leading characters.

It also was delivered the next day!