Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on October 7, 2010
After reading several reviews I was skeptical any USB modem would work with Windows 7 64-bit. Since US Robotics showed a Win7 64-bit driver on their website, I downloaded it and purchased this modem. When I received the modem, I installed the downloaded driver and discarded the CD which was included with the modem. Driver installed, modem connected, device was recognized and works perfectly.
5 people found this helpful
on February 18, 2014
Thus US Robotics modem is easy to install and use. If you find yourself in an area that doesn't have WiFi nor cellular towers, you can simply connect this modem to a spare USB socket and the other end in a standard telephone plug and us good old dialup to access the Internet. Not as fast as other newer technologies, of course.
on September 22, 2015
Works exactly as required. Works without providing audio tones through a speaker, which saves the user from having to listen to those noises; which is OK given that it works, but means less feedback that thinks are progressing as they should. Status messages in the Windows dialer do provide evidence that the fax gets sent successfully.
on April 12, 2013
Unfortunately this modem doesn't work with my new (2012) Macbook Pro. I knew that Mac doesn't manufacture modems for their newer models (not many people are still on dial-up). But I had read a review online that said this modem would work fine. Not so! While I can get on-line with it, it's so slow as to be unusable - very much slower than my ancient iMac with built-in modem.

I live in the country where high speed internet is still not available, so to use my computer on-line I have to drive into town where I can access WiFi. Bummer!
on September 19, 2017
Very efficient modem for its size. Works like charm. Holds a connection well. Recommended. Thanks.
on April 10, 2014
This work great.. easier than trying to install more hardware in the computer and also works on my laptop.. fast shipping and great value
on November 12, 2014
I have been using it past few months and I had no problem with my imac, snow leopard 10.6.8.
on August 10, 2016
It meets expectations.
I needed it because out in industry we still dial in to many devices and this facilitates the testing of them.
on November 3, 2014
shipped on time, exactly what I wanted, works as advertised
on September 15, 2014
works fine for sending faxes. Its a hardware modem which means it works better than a softmodem and works on different OSs.