countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout home All-New Kindle sports Tools

Size: 5.9 x 5.9 x 9.1 inches|Change

on November 3, 2011
I bought this for my son together with another smaller-sized Zojirushi vaccum lunch jar which is for my daughter. Both are of excellent quality. I wash them with the dishwasher, microwave food that I put in the previous night for the kids to bring to school in the morning. The kids jokingly complained that the food was still too hot for lunch :). So I'm very glad of the successful purchase.
on January 9, 2013
Each member of our family got one of this lunch boxes. That tells it all. My daughter loves the size and also enjoys the fact that it is still hot when it is lunch time.
on December 11, 2012
This container is great if you want to take either two hot or two cold dishes, and the third will adapt to those temperatures. But if you want to mix it up more than that, you're out of luck. The thermal zone consists of two containers and those will both gravitate to the same temperature, so forget about mixing hot and cold together.
For example, if you want, let's say, hot soup, and sandwich, and yogurt for dessert, this isn't really going to work. The soup has to go on the bottom and the sandwich, or whatever other dish, will have to stay in the same zone, so it too will warm up. In the top container, the yogurt will not stay cold, it will gravitate toward the ambient temperature of the whole container within a couple hours and settle close to room temperature. I think the claims that there is barrier between the two zones isn't proven here. It's also very unfortunate that they don't allow you to stack the containers in any order you want to create your own zones. They only stack one way -hot/cold zone, and side dish on top.
Also, the liquid container is too small to hold a decent hot meal, and the middle container doesn't seal at all. I took hot chili and used the middle container because it is bigger and can hold enough for about two cups of chili. Both times, it leaked out the lid and made a big mess in the container. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have that container seal like the other two, kind of illogical to me.
I also don't agree that this thing keeps food hot for several hours. I have had to warm up my food several times after opening just 5 hours later. I work inside, but my trip to work requires about 15 minutes total ouside in the cold, with this thing sealed up in my backpack.
If you're considering paying a considerable amount for this container, you need to think about these things. Perhaps some other brands will offer better performance and more rational design.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 4, 2016
These are awesome. All the containers are great in terms of reducing costs spent on eating out, minimizing the garbage of packing lunches in disposable containers, and even helping with portion control for weight loss. They all fit into a compact bag which has a strap so it is easy to carry around. The quality of the containers is very good and so is the utensils. This is a lunch pack that are for people who like high quality things they will actually use in their life.

The Jar which keeps the containers is great at insulating your food. so is the insulated bag with strap. You can also just use the jar though but I prefer the bag. It is a great way to pack a lunch every day. The separate compartments are roomy. The bottom two have insulated tops and keep food warm (or cold) as needed. Pack the whole thing the night before, store in fridge, and the food stays cold all through the day. If you're trying to get away from sandwiches and processed foods, this is a great way to go! Leftovers, veggies, oatmeal, etc. work great--it's actually fun to try and be creative with the possibilities. There's room in the top of the bag for larger items that won't fit in the containers, such as fruit or an additional snack. Cleans up easily. Comes with a spork!
on February 11, 2012
Awesome product, works well and would not hesitate to order again! Ordered 2 different ones and love them both! Enjoy
on October 28, 2013
Another quality product from Zojirushi. We had cooked food prepared usually around 6am in the morning and it still feels warm by 12 noon! The build quality is also very good. One could tell from the high quality plastic containers, a pair of chopsticks and a cleverly designed 'Spork' (Spoon and fork combo) that comes complete with its own holder.
on July 23, 2016
Not too happy with this purchase, used it once and not for me.

I wouldn't trust the plates to be spill-proof except for the soup container. Too small-scale for my size.

There's not a lot of spare space and that removes all the flexibility you can get with a regular lunch box or sack.
on August 20, 2016
I love the forked spoon especially! The way the case allows you to carry everything (and more if necessary, I also carry another set of portable chopsticks along with the set included) is very welcome. It's a good investment for those that like to bring their own lunch daily!
on December 24, 2012
It's the best one I've gotten so far with a bag that will keep the lunch case clean, with an inside pocket for the spork to put in. It kept my food warm enough to eat till lunch time after 6 hours from preparation time... just perfect!
on April 4, 2015
I love it. After a few weeks, the money I saved from buying lunch paid for the product.
You can skip microwave lineup now because this will keep your soup and main container warm for several hours.