Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 11, 2017
This mixer is one of those items for a baking enthusiast where if you don't have one, it doesn't seem like such a big deal but when you do get one, you can't imagine life without it. I've had my mixer for about 9 months now and I absolutely can't imagine my life without it. It makes any task that involves any form of mixing significantly easier, and mixes the contents to perfection. I got the mixer in the "Ice Blue" shade and it is so beyond gorgeous. It is a beautiful addition to my countertop and I constantly have people remarking on the gorgeous shade, reminding them of an old fashioned milk shake maker. I know the colour doesn't really affect the performance but if you're going to spend this much money on a mixer, at least get one as sexy as this one!! I've included a photo in my kitchen in natural daylight for a more true to life representation of what the colour looks like.

Anyways about the machine... the machine itself is deceptively heavy and very sturdy. Its can whip or beat ingredients for long periods of time without getting overheated. I've never had the machine poop out on me. You really feel like you're getting a solid product with this mixer. The capacity is perfect for I'd imagine most things a baker would be doing in their own home- small batches of muffins or cookies, cakes, icing, bread, mashed potatoes etc. The mixer comes with 5 different attachments- the wire whip, dough hook, flat beater, stainless steel bowl, and spray guard. This is where my review takes a bit of a turn-- in my box, the wire whip came with a metallic coating, and the dough hook and flat beater came coated in paint so they are white. While I have had zero issues with my dough hook to date, the metallic coating on the wire whip constantly rubs off and finds itself in the food, and the paint on the flat beater has experienced significant chipping- oddly, on areas where the beater makes no contact with the bowl or attachment location. I absolutely never throw these pieces in the dishwasher and my mixer height is adjusted as per the directions so the only thing really left to blame is poor quality of the attachments. As well, the stainless steel bowl that came with the mixer locks into the mixer with grooves on the base which have been almost completely stripped like a screw in the 9 months of using the mixer and no longer locks into position, which is pretty disappointing given the product is less than a year old! Cheers to KitchenAid though as I contacted them a few weeks ago about these issues and they sent new replacements for all the damaged pieces, free of charge to me. Hooray for fantastic customer service. Mistakes can happen in production but when the company takes responsibility as KitchenAid did, you have a satisfied customer in me!

Generally speaking, I think the quality of this product is absolutely fantastic. The machine itself is amazingly powerful and accomplishes everything I could expect and more. I think where people will notice the biggest differences in their cooking is when it comes to making doughs or breads. For Christmas my family always makes perogies from scratch and this year, I used the mixer for the dough instead and it was completely different. The dough hook was able to knead the dough enough to make it so smooth and light. I was floored at the difference from previous years when the dough was hand mixed and the dough had always seemed dense and lumpy no matter how much manual kneading you did. As for the new attachments, only time will tell how they hold up but so far I haven't experienced any chipping on the flat beater or smudging on the wire whip which happened immediately after receiving the original attachments. I absolutely recommend this item, especially coupled with the fantastic service you can expect from KitchenAid in the case of any issues!!
review image
on May 18, 2017
Nice machine for the price I paid on "warehouse deal" It was $600 CDN at Canadian Tire.I paid $235, And in the same week that I received it I made cakes muffins and bread...all gluten free... Oufff

Très bon prix sur les "spéciaux d'entrepôt d'amazon.ca". Car Il étais $600 CDN au Canadian Tire ! Et je l'ai payé que $235. Dans la semaine que je l'ai reçu j'ai fait des muffins des gâteaux et du pain tous sans gluten... Oufff
on December 4, 2016
The mixer is beautiful. Looks very well made. All metal construction. It comes with two metal beaters and one aluminum beater. I am really impressed with how easy it is to change beaters and how solid they are seated so they will not fall out like some hand mixers we have used. I am also impressed with the footprint of this mixer. I set it on our counter flush with the front of the counter and there is adequate room to tilt the head back without touching the cupboards above and behind the counter. Our cupboards are a bit lower than the standard so if yours are the standard height you will definitely not have any trouble. You may also be able to store the unit under the cupboard. The colour is perfect - a nice in-between alternative to red or orange. My wife loved the aluminum bowl with handle - she has a hand mixer with a stand now that has a large heavy glass bowl that she's always been afraid of breaking so now she doesn't have to worry about that and the handle will aid in handling the bowl as well...smart idea.
on October 18, 2017
What's not to love. Kitchen Aid Stand mixers are top notch. I love this colour, its a deep watermelon colour which is so bold and bright. The only issue I had with it was my Stainless Steel bowl would not clean. You have to clean the bowl before using it (obviously), but every time I cleaned it I would dry it down with a cloth and black would come off. Because of that, I didn't use the bowl, I ordered a second glass bowl at the same time so I just used that one instead.

Bowl aside, the mixer is really great, I've now had it for some time and I've even purchased a second glass bowl, the ice cream maker and next on my list is the pasta attachment.
on December 24, 2015
I absolutely love this stand mixer. I have rheumatoid arthritis and its quite bad in my hands. I can no longer rotate my wrist properly to hold a hand mixer so I essentially stopped baking all altogether. I saved my loonies and toonies for 5 years...YES...that long. and I made it to $485 when all of a sudden...this particular kitchenaid became a daily deal!! $319. I was so excited. I bought it right away. It came very quickly and I have been baking bread, muffins, cookies and my family (husband and 4 kids) are over the moon happy too.

I did try a stand mixer before this one that was much cheaper... around $80 from sunbeam. Tried one batch of cookies and promptly packaged it back up and returned it to the store. It was garbage.

This mixer...is changing my life, literally. I love it! I recommend it! I am so excited to have it! and I am so thankful it went on sale!!
on June 8, 2016
I have loved to bake for over twenty years but never had the counter space to justify buying one of these. After a kitchen renovation last year, I got one for Christmas. This is harder to use than I expected. All the beating attachments hit the bottom of the bowl (but the manual says the are not supposed to). A screwdriver with a lot of effort adjusted it to fit the wire whip, but if I adjust it enough to fit the paddle, the locking mechanism won't work. The bowl is also quite hard to remove and I'm pretty strong. Maybe I got a dud, but I'm amazed that anyone with arthritis could use this. Bottom line is that if you need to beat a lot of egg whites or stiff doughs, it's worth saving yourself the tired arms to use this. But for regular cake batters this appliance is too much trouble.
on February 17, 2018
The only complaint I have with this mixer is the position of the set screw for the height of the different attachments. It is very hard to get at. Also the wingnut for the front plate comes loose when you use the mixer. Other than that I love my kitchenaid. I only wish I could lift the larger one. It's just a bit too heavy for me to move, even when it's on the counter. If you get a double batch of bread dough in this one it vibrates quite a bit.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2018
I bought this for my girlfriend and she has used it several times with nothing but good things to say regarding how it works. However, quality control could be better. We noticed poor welding marks and scuffs on the stainless steel bowl upon opening up the package. These welding marks were where the handle connects to the body of the bowl. It looks like these welding marks were about to go through the bowl! I know that this is not normal as I've compared with other bowls at different stores for the same model - Artisan Stand Mixer.
on August 27, 2017
I thought that I would prefer the swivel style head but it was a bad choice because if you are mixing something hard, it will struggle and eventually dislodge itself out of the locked position. Do yourself a favour and get the kind that pushes the bowl to the mixer head.
on September 15, 2015
As you guys can see, I've been wanting to buy this little rascal since 6 months ago. But the only place where I saw it in, which is at Crate and Barrels, had the whopping price of $699 the last time I visited. I ain't going to spend 700 bucks on a KitchenAid!

The mixer arrived two days after I placed my orders, which was exceptionally fast, as always when I'm using amazon prime. Despite seeing some very dark fingerprints which were highly visible on the white KitchenAid, the product is GREAT and I immediately washed everything in order to make a batch of chewy peanut butter cookies. (The cookie are chilling in the fridge right now, haha) The box included the mixer, two replacement heads, a lid for the bowl, a manual, and several other sheets of paper. I was actually really surprised to find that the mixer heads were made of a solid metal coated in white paint, because it just seemed like hard plastic in the images. That was a really pleasant surprise. The KitchenAid made almost no sounds when it was blending, but I did notice that the mixer head is a bit too close to the bowl-to the point where it's literally scraping the bowl when spinning. The problem was resolved after a counter-clockwise twist of the screws. yay!

So overall, I'm definitely loving this artisan KitchenAid, and hope that this will last my family and I a very long time. I also hope that this post is somewhat informational/helpful for those who are willing to invest in a KitchenAid. As mentioned by others, this really is the best investment for your kitchen if you cook and bake on a regular basis.

***Final piece of advice: Why spend an extra 200 bucks for "pretty" colors when you can get a simple, clean and neat WHITE KitchenAid for only $360 shipping included? Peace.***