countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on May 7, 2014
I bought this to store bread that I make in my bread maker and it works well for the size I need but there is a lot of space around the loaf and the container vent doesn't seal the container 100% so I find the bread goes stale quickly. It's a great idea and I love the cutting board and that it collapses/extends depending on size you need but I think the design could be improved on.
on March 8, 2014
I was hoping this would be more airtight than it is. Bugs can still crawl into it due to the design. Thankfully so far none have. We only have the occasional bug in the apartment and they seem to like flours, bread, etc. So far my diligence in making sure everything is super sealed, and getting rid of a lazy roommate who was dirty have helped keep my place clean. Kinda bugs me that the vent on the back of this is NOT flush. Even when the holes are covered they aren't. The dial is not flush with the plastic.

It's also a tad awkward getting the bread out on a smaller counter. You pull the ends out and have to find a place to cut the bread anyways. Crumbs fall onto the counter.

It's better than other solutions I have seen. I'll use it until I find something better but so far, I havn't been able to find anything better.

PROS: It's light, pretty decently built, and it stylish.
on July 11, 2015
I bought this so the bread could still stay out of fridge and be fresh, but when it gets hot the bread gets moldy (doesn't matter if you leave it open or closed) after a few days. If you eat your bread fairly fast then this is awesome for you! It is super stylish and people always ask about it
on April 25, 2014
This unit is ok. There is a bit of hassle trying to fit the sliced bread into this as you have to put it on its back then load the sliced bread and then close it.
on November 12, 2013
I bought this about a month ago. I now make all my own bread and keeping it a plastic bag did not appeal to me .I used it for the first 5 loaves of bread. Then I noticed that it was going moldy fast after I baked it. We live in a cold climate so moisture is not the problem. However I took off the adjuster off of the top which made no difference. So now it is under my cupboard another
collectable and really a waste of money. Even leaving the bread out over night did not stop the problem either.
on November 21, 2014
While I like that this container expands and retracts to save space, it does not offer a full air seal ever so I find that my bread gets stale. There is a toggle where you can control how much air you let in, which is a great feature, and allows for steam release when bread is fresh out of the oven, but even when I turn the switch to be fully air sealed (or as much as this container will allow), air is getting in and making the bread stale. Had I known this, I would not have purchased it.
on November 12, 2013
This is a very handy container for making homemade bread, although it isn't long enough for longer loaves. I find the handles to pull it open are too small for me as I have arthritis in my fingers and can't grasp it properly to pull it open. Instead, I have to tip it and dump the bread out ... Which ends things in a crumby mess :(
If your hands are fine, I think this would work well for you. I like the fact that it adjusts to the size of bread and that it vents.
on September 9, 2014
I like the size that allow homemade bread to fit inside. I like the transparent material and the simplicity to open the box.

The box is not fully airtight. The humidity controller knob as not mechanism to hold it at the desired position. So, if as a homemade baker so know where to set the knob for humidity control, it will most likely be unset by the first bread lover who will unintentionally change the knob position without knowing where to set it back.
on April 10, 2014
The bread keeper works well just awkward to use. Homemade bread does stay fresh and moist for a few days. However, I would go for an old fashion bread box. I looked at everything on Amazon and nothing is like my mother's breadbox. Seems they are not made anymore. This plastic bread keeper is a temp solution until I can get in to the shop and make a bread box.
on November 23, 2015
be careful don't drop it or transport it as it is prone to fracture