countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on February 22, 2014
I have to admit, I *almost* didn't purchase this item after reading some of the reviews. Many of the reviews paint this jewelry cleaner in a bad light and truly almost deterred me from trying it for myself but something in my gut kept nagging at me to go forth. I'm really glad I did.

So what you have to run some of the jewelry through a few times before removing all the tarnish! Honestly, at least I'm not scrubbing and polishing getting my hands dirty and dried out. Yes, it works MUCH better if you add a cleaner to the water and I'm glad I read that in the reviews so I could order it at the same time but for the price, this machine does what it promises to do. It does take up to six or seven cycles to clean highly tarnished silver but again, it's not spending my energy in the process and I was quite surprised that it does get the thick tarnish off without elbow grease!

I tried running the cycle with and without special cleaner (I just got the stuff here that is for use with these types of jewelry systems) and truthfully, though in the description it says it cleans with just water, using the special cleaner is needed. I'm sure you can clean very lightly soiled items with plain water but anything with visible dirt or grime does need the specialized cleaner.

Again, for the price, this is totally worth it in my opinion and I am glad I trusted my gut on this one. I have no regrets about purchasing it and would buy it again in the future.

Happy shopping!!!
on February 1, 2016
This works really well to get my Edwardian (i.e lots of little crevices, crown, millegrain) diamond and platinum engagement as well as my diamond (microdiamond) eternity ring (again, LOTS of little crevices). I haven't tried it yet with very tarnished sterling silver yet. I love that it works with just tap water and there aren't any special products to buy. It only takes a few minutes and is very quiet.
on June 1, 2015
I bought this on the recommendation of a friend who has had his for a couple of years. My intention was to use it mainly for cleaning the dust and oil accumulated on the glass crystals on my lighting near my kitchen area. It works very well (see photos below of before and after). One cycle (~3 minutes) with water and about 1 teaspoon of mild detergent was used. I did a thorough rinse after. This also worked wonders on my glasses silicone coated nosepads which had accumulated some dark stains.

Minor nitpick is that the rubber grommet/strainrelief attached to the cord was not inserted at the case. I had to push it in with a bit of workout with my fingers.
review image review image
on November 24, 2015
Works really well with a few drops of dish soap and hot tap water. However the cycles are only 3 minutes and for the really tarnished silver, I needed to put them in for an hour or so, so I had to keep pushing the button. That's the only downside I've found.
on January 12, 2011
Bought this as a gift for my wife as she wanted something to clean her jewellry with. She has been very happy with it. She is constantly cleaning her wedding and engagement ring in it and can't beleive what a good job it does, and what a difference it makes.
on April 21, 2015
I use this to clean my makeup brushes, i'm a makeup artist and need to clean my brushes a ton! and this really saves me a lot of time and effort. what I do is mixing shampoo and water in the tank, just regular cheap shampoo is fine, stir it into water, and then simply throw my brushes in there for 3 minutes, VOILA! take them out, rinse under running water, and you are done!
HOWEVER, with this strength at this frequency range, it cannot get into hard corners, like inside a dense foundation brush or any other heavily soiled dense brushes, I still hand wash those alone, but that's like only a couple out of 10's or 20's of brushes i need to wash, you can finish hand washing them while others are in the ultrasonic cleaner, and finally just rinse them all.
I did a lot of research on how ultrasonic works before i purchased this, because I was afraid of hurting the natural hair bristles, but it turns out to be just fine, it's really the cleansing solution you use that decides how the bristles turn out and how long they live. and for both natural hair and synthetic ones, they are perfectly fine with regular shampoo, but not with some well known brand brush cleaner in my case.
hope this would help other MUAs <3
on January 13, 2014
I bought this just to clean my engagement ring and wanted to make it shiner - the cycle is only approx. 3min which is wonderful. It didn't make a lot of noise either during the cycle. The product has to be unplugged after use, otherwise the light is on.
on January 24, 2015
I was skeptical at first but this thing actually works. I use it to wash my watches, girlfriends jewelry and my vape gear. I add 1-2 drops of dish washing soap in lukewarm water, 2-3 cycles and my stuff is pretty clean. For real hard to get grime I think some jewelry cleaner should do the job. For this price, you can't go wrong IMO.
on May 16, 2016
It works good. I use it for cleaning electronic parts with isopropyl. Lid does not seal well so all my isopropyl evaporates very quickly, and blue light in chamber is always on.

Add an on/off switch and a gasket/seal on the lid is give 5 stars. But it does work well and does the job at a great price
on January 12, 2015
It takes a few times to clean the jewellery but I have no problem with that. I just use some soap and water instead of the cleaner, so I don't know, maybe using the cleaner would speed it up. However, as long as I'm not scrubbing them by hand, I don't think running it more than once matters all that much.

I like this machine, it works and it's cheap enough (price)!