countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 2, 2016
Fantastic kettle. I've had it for almost a year and I use it daily (usually twice or three times). It has wonderful temperature options for my various teas. It has a comfortable base and cord length, with one of those "easy remove" plugs. My one criticism is no silencing option: it beeps when you lift it on/off the base, and when it's reached its peak temperature. I'm usually nearby the kettle when I'm using it so I wish I could just turn off the sound entirely. Other than that, no issues!
on April 25, 2016
This is a nice kettle! Of course! It's what you expect when you pay this much, right? You must really enjoy your hot water if you're really considering this product. Well, I'm with you, because I like Breville products and I have made use of this kettle's features. I think that's the main point I'd tell you if you're considering buying - make sure that the feature set makes sense for your application. I French press coffee on occasion, and my wife and I generally enjoy brewing various kinds of teas. Sometimes we also just like cooler hot water! So clicking a button and having it take care of it, is nice. This kettle is also one of the fastest I've used - must have a good motor.

The one problem I have is that the base is constantly warm when it's plugged in. Not sure if it's just my unit - but I usually unplug it when not in use. Otherwise, I have used it daily to heat up water for my oatmeal and it works great. Two years now, and no issues. I paid quite a deal less for this compared to its current price - and even then had trouble justifying the spend - but again, if you can make use of the variable settings, it's the kettle for you!
on May 3, 2014
I was really reticent about spending that much money on a kettle and it seriously took me a year of shopping and reading reviews before deciding to get a variable temperature kettle. Now I wish I could have one at work as well. I'm somewhat of a tea addict and boiling the water at the right temp really does make a difference. Yes, I'm a little concerned about the BPA in the window, but it's nothing compared to the kettle I have to use at work, and I'm not quite ready to spend $200+ on a stovetop one.

I sometimes find that boiling water takes longer than it should, but it's still faster than boiling water in a pot using a thermometer. I thought there might be something wrong with it the first time I used it because it would stop boiling midway and then start again, stop, start....I'm still not used to it and I'll admit it annoys me on mornings where I'm running late.

I am not bothered by the noise it does when you first plug it in or when the water is ready. Yes, it's a little loud, but comparing it to a backing truck is a little much. I can barely hear it when I'm in another room, and I do like being warned that it's ready.

I wish the "keep warm" option would stay on a little longer but it's definitely not a deal breaker.
on December 17, 2009
This kettle is amazing. It is sleek and nice to look at, boils very quickly and I can finally have green tea that tastes refreshing and not over-cooked and bitter. You might not think variable temperatures are necessary but if you are a tea drinker you will notice a huge difference!
on November 3, 2014
I purchased it on June 27, 2014 and November 2, 2014 it stopped working!
After I received replacement from Breville, the new one has stopped turning off while boiling on November 12, 2015. It means those kettles are short lived. My previous Oyster was simple and cheap and lasted 7 years before it died.
on June 9, 2016
This kettle is my prize now. Makes mornings so so easy, and the best part is the keep warm option. I'm that person that always forgets about the electric kettle after its done boiling and then forget to make myself some tea. Not with this guy. The beeping is not annoying, but very helpful for me. Beeps when its ready, keeps it hot if I forget or am busy, and then beeps again much later on to remind me. It's a tea-drinker dream. I really have nothing to criticize here. Except that I bought it refurbished on Amazon, came in and didnt work, and breville replaced it immediately. So again, even my one issue was resolved in a jiffy.
on August 19, 2014
Product plastic water level now states "BPA Free", in case someone else is wondering.
Otherwise fantastic product for green tea's 75c target temperature - takes out the guess work and/or thermometer!
on October 21, 2010
Reviewed this Breville tea kettle thoroughly. It heats the water to the desired temperature as selected, quickly and quietly giving a beep when the desired temperature is attained. There is a safety feature that will not allow the kettle to boil if there is too little water.

This kettle is for tea! Should you desire a simple electric kettle there are many makes on the market. My wife, who does not like new gadgets thought this tea kettle was great. She is right handed and I am left, so the swivel works great for us, as well as seeing how much water you are putting into it. Two plastic inserts on both sides indicate the water level.

This goes great with a tea infuser and stove top timer. Simply decide how much tea you want, fill to desired level and select the type of tea or temperature and hit the start button. An additional feature which is nice is the hold button. It will keep the temperature at the selected temperature for 20 minutes. Naturally it reduces the boil selection to 209 degree instead of letting the water boil down.
on April 26, 2012
Over the years, I have gone through quite a number of kettles, electric or no and quite frankly, the new Breville is ans will be hard to beat. Love the variable temperature ratings that take the guess work out of boiling and I am delighted with how quiet the product is. Thumbs up all the way !!!
on April 27, 2016
Kept using for 1.5 yrs now and I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I'm a tea person and this kettle give me the option to brew green tea with the right temperature. I boil and drink hot water on daily basis and it's still hold pretty strong. Worth the penny and hopefully it can last long.