countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on November 29, 2012
Purchased a Breville convection toaster oven, BOV800XL. Within 4 months display light dimmed returned it to store and they replaced it with another unit. New unit's display light also dimmed after a short period of time, decided I could live with it. Recently oven door came crashing down, Googled problem, broken spring seems to be the word out on the net.
Door constantly crashing down now, quite annoying.
Contacted Breville, said they would sell me another oven for $200.
I said, no thanks.
on June 18, 2013
It heats up fast, and with the convection option, it cooks food quickly.

Our main oven sometimes burns food when the bottom burner comes on to bring the oven back to temperature. This oven, with the "smart" feature to heat different elements at different times, cooks the food easily.

There are also a lot of cooking options - from the standards of bake, broil, toast, to the more specialized "bagel", "pizza" and "cookies". We typically use bake, broil, toast and bagel.

My only complaint (and it's more of a concern) is that the controls on the front feel very light-weight. I've read that Canadians don't get the same level of support and warranty service that the Americans do, so keep that in mind when purchasing.
on August 19, 2014
Love it. The only complaint would be that the selector knob is a bit touchy, as reported by others, otherwise it would be 5-star. This is our third toaster oven and by far the best. Also, when buying this one, we initially bought two competing brands and returned them both, one of them twice, as the quality control was obviously lacking in them. This one is much more solid and well designed...of course, one pays for that. We have other Breville appliances and so far have found them to all be well designed and solidly built.
on May 17, 2015
Absolutely brilliant. Since there are only two of us at home now, its a tremendous waste of resources to use the big oven. This one does everything I want. Yes, sometimes in smaller batches, but enough for us so that I wont overeat!!!! Yes,on the expensive side for a single purchase, but I hope to save that amount in elecrricity in a year.
on September 21, 2011
I purchased this oven in the Fall of 2010 and within a year the LCD-display started to flicker, dim and then stop working altogether, while on the toast setting, toast no longer gets crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, taking a setting of 7 -- the highest -- to get some colour and only after the inside is cooked and dried out.

Phoned customer service expecting that Breville would simply replace it, as that company does in the United States with a brand new oven and new warranty -- you never have to leave your home as Breville will arrange for FedEx pickup and delivery.

But I was told Canadians don't get that service - we have to drive it ourselves to a repair shop for a repair that takes weeks or more. Will Breville honour the repair for a full year as it would a replacement unit in the U.S. - not likely. Will it honour the repaired machine for a year in its entirety, as it does with replacements in the U.S.? No.

My suggestion is to get something else, which is a shame, since when it was working, it worked quite well. The LCD-failure is a common one, so you are really rolling the dice.
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2014
I held back reviewing this item as one of the trays was damaged on receipt. The oven itself is great. Works like a charm on all settings. One of the things I like about the settings is when I am toasting bagels. There is a "bagel" setting but sometimes I like it toasted a little more and you can extend the time "toasting" without starting it up again. Just turn the time knob for a few more seconds until you are happy with the results. The same goes for all the settings. As far as the damage is concerned, there was one of the baking trays that had a damaged corner. It was bent a little and the coating had chipped off. I reported it to Breville along with some photos the day it arrived and today I received another new tray. Thanks Breville.
on September 6, 2015
Love it, love it love it. Its the best oven I ever had. Everything bakes evenly. The piece is sturdy and very good size for my kitchen. Never use the big oven any more. So glad I bought it. For the price, its a deal!!
on February 1, 2016
Gets used almost daily. we live in an apartment with a terrible oven. This little beast saves us from having to bother with the bigger one, and the timed cooking feature means I can set it and forget it.
on November 12, 2014
We've used this toaster oven a few times now, and love the results. It seems to be well made, and certainly provides consistent temperatures. We're still experimenting with the various modes, and so far we are pleased with the results.
on July 1, 2015
The best toaster oven on the market, not so big but big space inside, 1800 watt or 450 Fahrenheit maximum, 13 inch pizza , full stainless steel inside and out, convection fan for fast cooking, easy to operate.