countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(1 star). See all 302 reviews
on March 21, 2009
Funny how everyone is up in arms over the 1080i misprint. More importantly, the aspect ratio is WRONG. Alliance has decided to present Seven in an aspect ratio of 1.78:1 (the OAR is 2.35:1). Huge mistake Alliance and shame on you for the error...
on August 22, 2001
While this movie is one I want to own I cannot give up my original DVD, which has spanish subtitles, in order to up grade to alternative endings, better quality, and all the other bells and whistles.
on June 7, 2014
This review is about the steelbook edition, not the out of print bluray book edition.
The limited steelbook edition is the WORST edition available in Canada!! Even the first Alliance release with the wrong aspect ratio (1.78 instead of the original 2.35) and the bad definition (1080i) is by far a better one!
Yes there was no special features, yes there was no menu or subtitles and yes it was cropped from its original aspect ratio, but at least this release contains a damn French track!!
This awful steelbook does not contains the dubbed in quebec French track and for a so stupide reason it contains two useless Spanish language tracks.... Yeah great!! What's a fantastic deal thanks!!

So finally, the only right version available on bluray in Canada is the out of print bluray Book edition (currently unavailable on Amazon Canada unfortunately...) since this one contains the right aspect ratio and a French language track...
on April 10, 2016
Box was damaged and looked used
on May 29, 2002
For the entirety of this movie, the viewer is pulled down into the bleakest depths, dragged through the darkest corners of a most pitiless, murderous mind, and there -- as the closing credits roll -- we are left. Which is the most unworthy thing a filmmaker can do. I was genuinely outraged by "Seven", not because of its sadistic violence, but because it could find no cause to transform that violence into some kind of redeeming moment. In "Seven", the filmmakers do the easiest thing possible: create a fiendish murderer who kills in the most gruesome ways imaginable. That's EASY. A truly good film would have taken that premise and done something creative with it; fashioned a story that would have released the audience from its unrelentingly bleak grip with an ennobling insight, event, word, moment ... anything. As it is, this movie only seems intent on sucking the viewer as far as possible into the abyss. There's nothing remarkable about an achievement like that. In "Poetics," Aristotle discusses "catharsis" in Greek tragedy as something owed the audience by the playwright. A drama may steep an audience in cruel travail, but to be truly successful as art, the work must purge those intense audience emotions -- bring "catharsis" to the events of the drama. There is no catharsis in this movie. The only reaction left to us is anger for being so manipulated by the filmmakers.
And it is a shame, because I thought at one point this movie had the potential for greatness (the cinematography is magnificent), difficult as it was watching and as contrived as the plotline is. Because, of course, I expected a worthy director, a worthy writer, would finally take this dark vision and transform it into light, even if just a small hint of light. That doesn't happen. As viewers, we have been exploited ... and [taken advantage of]. This isn't art. This isn't good movie making. This is profiting in meanness.
on December 19, 2000
Bad acting from great actors. A predictable movie with gore for the sake of gore. The characters are so cliche it makes you want to gag more than the bodies they discover. Someone actually spent time porting this total trash to a DVD, and I thought I had a bad job. Save your money and your time, click on the next button.
on November 28, 2002
I've seen my share of graphically violent films. Some have artistic merit and some don't, but Seven is the most disturbing movie that I ever saw. I would never see this movie again, and I would recommend to those who haven't seen it not to see it.
Director David Fincher is a disturbed man, and you can tell that he REALLY doesn't like his characters in this movie. I don't know how anyone could come away from this movie feeling good having seen it. This movie does not deserve a rating from me (I gave it one star only because I had to), only a warning not to see it.
on March 4, 2009
You all know how great the movie is, right? And we're getting used to Alliance and their bare bones blu-ray releases, which is fine since their price points are very low and usually offer a very good to great picture quality. However Se7en has been released with a 1080i transfer, which is just plain stupid, I don't even see the point of releasing this. I'll wait for a proper 1080p release and suggest everyone else do the same.
on September 28, 2002
This movie [disappointed me]! It is boring. You're a whimp if this scared you. Try real horror like The Exorcist!
on March 6, 2009
Very poor video quality no menu no extra, I think Alliance upscale dvd and tranfer direct to blu ray!!! The picture like zoomed very grainy and have bad black level.