countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

on January 12, 2017
Awesome product! recommend buy!
on April 14, 2017
on April 7, 2017
Super
on August 12, 2017
Top!
on May 10, 2015
Arrived quickly and in good shape
on July 5, 2017
Interesting movie
on July 22, 2017
sa complète tres bien la saga
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2009
First off, I'm not a teenager and I haven't read the book. I watched the movie with the rest of my family, because my teenaged daughter insisted that we should, and assured us that we'd all love it. (In return for this, she has to watch Dracula ...)

Actually, I watched it twice, because it was both much better and much worse than I expected. It's clearly a teenage-girl wish-fulfilment fantasy, starring teenage actors, so you don't expect anything very thought-provoking, any serious characterization or (probably) any Oscar-winning performances. But I could be wrong about that.

The acting is first-rate, in particular Rob Pattinson's portrayal of the dark, brooding outcast who "doesn't want to be a monster". The barely-controlled anger, the pathos and the vulnerability he brought to Edward were quite outstanding. I'd also give five stars to Cam Gigandet's James, the Tracker, whose combination of a feline predator with a sadistic sicko was also superb. The developed relationship between Edward and Bella is everything that teenaged first-love should be -- desperately intense, sweet, touching, and sometimes laden with embarrassment. They were great. I thought Kristen Stewart's Bella was OK -- but the character is a wimp (the kind that just wants to be protected and loved and cherished for ever but doesn't seem to do a great deal to deserve it) so she didn't have much to work with.

On the down side, the "willing suspension of disbelief" takes a real beating with this movie. Some of it is rather obvious and my daughter tells me you just have to live with it -- like the fact that Edward has been 17 for "a while" but still doesn't act any older than this. (I mean, he's been going to high school now for *ninety years*? Doesn't he get bored with it? Doesn't he fall asleep during the ninetieth repetition of Grade 11 math? Since they obviously aren't there to meet other kids, why don't they pretend to homeschool? How come no-one notices that they never eat their cafeteria food? How come they still behave like teenagers after ninety years? Because if they didn't, there wouldn't be any story, of course.) Bella appears to go from outright dislike to undying love in about two days, which made me want to shake her and tell her to grow up. (You've known him how long??) The real let-down, though, is the special effects. The first time Edward raced up a hill at superhuman speed, three of us (everyone except my daughter) just fell apart laughing, it was so patently, absurdly, just a speeded-up film. It looks like Charlie Chaplin. Leaping from a balcony, or across an enormous room, was unbelievably fake. (Real jumps have a trajectory; only a zip-wire doesn't.) With the best will in the world, it's hard to immerse yourself in an adventure that suddenly springs these awful gaffes on you.

On the whole, though, I quite enjoyed this. Of course, 99% of teenage girls adore it, but their parents and siblings can watch it too without being overly shocked or appalled. Just try not to laugh or comment too loudly, because it annoys the teenage daughter.
on January 23, 2009
I had never read the books when i went to see this movie, but when i saw the film I loved every moment of it. It was very captivating. I read the first book after and found that there were some parts i liked better in the book then how they did it in the movie and some parts i liked better in the movie. I'm glad they stuck so close to the book though. I don't know where the bad reviews are coming from, obviously somebody who just doesn't get it. And this is not just for young teenagers either. I'm 22 and my mom saw it too and loved it. Anyway, i can't wait for this to come out on DVD and the rest of the books to be made into movies. I will read the whole series for sure as well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 22, 2009
I'm not going to review the movie here or go over key plot points. I'm also not going to talk about how gorgeous Robert Pattinson is. We've all seen it, we know it by heart, and we all love it. It's our brand of heroin. I am however going to tell you what I think about the special features.

This 2 disk Special edition includes a ton of goodies guaranteed to please any Twilight fan. I have to say that this was the first time watching the movie that I didn't compare it to the book and I found that it stands very well on its own. Even if you've never heard of Twilight you will enjoy this. I had also forgotten how awesome Charlie is and I noticed that the special effects don't look quite as cheesy on the small screen as they did in the theatre.

DISK 1 (122 minutes)

EXTENDED SCENES: (5 of them) With director's introduction. Too bad these couldn't have been left in. Including an extended meadow scene, In Edward's bedroom, James don't play with your food and don't read Charlie's mind.

AUDIO COMMENTARY: With director Catherine Hardwicke, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Watch the movie with Rob, Kristen and Catherine. This is really funny stuff with alot of teasing regarding Rob's driving capabilities, his eyebrows and aging (where's Efron?)

MUSIC VIDEOS: Muse-Black hole (Stephanie Meyer introduces video), Linkin Park- Leave out all the rest (very cool live performance), Paramore-Decode(great video with movie clips as seen on Much Music)

DISK 2 (78 minutes)

7 PART DOCUMENTARY: (55 minutes) The journey from page to screen. My favourite extra on the disk. Really interesting behind the scenes look at the making of the film. The stunts, the baseball game, the music, interviews with the cast and tons of unseen footage.

DELETED SCENES: (5 of them) Again, too bad they couldn't have been left in especially the sexy finger biting meadow scene. Also a neat scene with Carlisle and Esme and the infamous "she's not one of us Edward."

COMIC CON PHENOMENOM: (8 minutes) Where the screaming began. 6000 fans have a Q&A with Rob, Kristen, Taylor, Edi, Michelle, Cam, Catherine and Stephanie Meyer.

THEATRICAL CAMPAIGN: (12 minutes) Teaser trailers as seen on TV, Sneak peaks (5 in all)

Highly recommended, If you're a fan of Twilight than these extras are what you've been waiting for. Bring on New Moon.