Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on October 16, 2016
This movie was definitely "Fake". The disk was stuck on one infomercial and would not allow me to fast forward anything because it seemed like the infomercial was the only content on the disk.Although, when I played it on a laptop, the movie started from the halfway point (seemed like it was copied over). Do not recommend this seller.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on January 18, 2010
Wow, here is cinematic proof that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
It's a a stunning yet disturbing cinematic exploration of how our determination to fulfill our dream of the ideal life for ourselves or those we love often results in tragedy. Why? That dream of the ideal life, the happy family, an attractive partner, or to be free from our monotonous employment, that dream itself becomes our addiction, our obsession, and the nature of addiction is that with each fix we give ourselves the yearning only increases, then it shifts from yearning to dispair. If you find yourself thinking your life will be ideal once you've redecorated the living-room, or have that new blender, or new car, or that dream girl you're courting - this is the movie for you!
on January 24, 2018
Great movie. Arrived as described.
on February 2, 2018
It came in perfect condition and it played excellent.
on November 9, 2015
Dvd came as described,came early in fact.In good working order no damage.
on May 1, 2015
Great item!
on April 16, 2015
This movie is a classic, can't go wrong with it. And if anyone want to know, the french audio track is the french canadian dubbing.
on March 21, 2017
Chilling movie, loved it.
on November 7, 2014
I love the movie, but the box came pretty damaged. I had to return and buy another.
on April 27, 2013
Do not get this disk. Get the Lions Gate release (available for $9.99 on Amazon.com)

I ordered this disc after having read very positive reviews about the transfer and the extras. Consequently, I was quite surprised, and disappointed, when I received the disc, to discover that it had no extras whatsoever (not even a menu!) and that the video quality was barely similar to that of a scaled un SD DVD, that is, soft and muddy. Major let down!

What I hadn't realized was that the reviews I had read were about the american Lions Gate release of the film, and that the only version available on Amazon.ca was the slightly older (6 months) Alliance release. What contributed to my confusion was that both releases feature exactly the same artwork (except for tiny french title on the canadian one).

If you'd like to see the difference in quality between both transfers, you may compare eloquent screen captures of both releases at [...]

One point to note for my fellow francophones, however, is that the american transfer does not feature a french-dubbed track, nor french subtitles.

Hoping this helps... Now, I'm just about to ask Amazon.ca for my first refund ever...
2 people found this helpful