on June 16, 2009
- Alot of rarely seen matches from house shows
- Matches against Ric Flair, Steamboat and Shawn Michaels, Hogan and Warrior are pretty good.
- Striker and Maria are awful and have no chemistry together (at one point, I though they were improvising) and give very little info and background on the King of Madness.
- Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting shouldn't have been on the DVD (the match sucks, plain and simple) except for the fact that Savage wins the belt. Hourra! I would have settled for a highlight.
- Some matches are available on other DVDs (WM III vs Steamboat, WM V vs Hogan, WM 6 vs Dusty & Shaphire)
- Alot of his classic matches have been left out (maybe are they keeping some for a future DVD release).
- No commentaries by past or present wrestlers, and obviously none by Macho Man himself.
I still give a 4 out of 5 because of the entertainment value. It's not a MUST-HAVE for a casual wrestling fan, but if you like 80s wrestling and/or are a Randy Savage fan, you will like this DVD.
on August 11, 2009
First off, I love the Macho Man Randy Savage, he's is like the funniest and best wrestler to grab the mic to rant on beligerently about anything, like Ricky the Dragon-steamboat's cup of coffee in the big time. There has always been something about the Macho Man that even when he was a bad guy he was still by far the most entertaining. With some enjoyable matches that involved Macho and Ric Flair, the Honky Tonk Man, Shawn Michaels, DDP, and of course the legendary Ricky the Dragon-steamboat match.
The matches are great and help the viewer remember how much fun wrestling used to be, with these over-the-top characters. The special features are also great, with wedding of Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, the coronation of the Macho King, and the most memorable interviews, this is a great collection. But there's one HUGE, and by huge I mean disgusting problem, Matt Stryker and Maria are the presenters. Their little back of forth is disgusting, and unwatchable they made it feel like an infomercial. Which begs the question why not get Mean Gene, or Ric Flair, or even the Macho Man to do the presentation and segways. Instead you have Matt Stryker a failed wrestler, and Maria, a failed valet and failed wrestler that is nothing but annoying.
It's a shame that the Macho Man collection didn't get the right hosts to present the subject matter properly, but at least the matches are great to watch, and the special features are just great flashback to wrestlings funnier and lighter days. And it's confirmed, the Macho Man is still OCD, One Cool Dude.